Dutch fleet news: KL, MP, HV.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

KLM will receive another 777 tomorrow with an ETA of 08:30:
PH-BQH ... B777-206ER ... 33705/493 ... named "Hadrian's Wall"

HV will return PH-HZS to South African Airways now the lease period is over. This is (was) the only wingletted 737 in Transavia's fleet and the only one with the "staatsloterij" titles on it. She will leave tomorrow at 09:05.

Martinair will replace all four of its all 747s with 747-400s with the first one slated for delivery in 2005. The "new" PH-BUH that they recently took from KLM will also be replaced. It is not yet known if these are new or 2nd hand/conversion. It is also not sure if these will be full freight or convertables.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Would be nice if the new 777 made a stop off at PIK enroute to it'snew owner?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Has 'Hadrians wall' got anything to do with Holland???? :confused: :confused: I always thought Airlines named planes after things of that nation.??

Member for

24 years 2 months

Has 'Hadrians wall' got anything to do with Holland???? :confused: :confused: I always thought Airlines named planes after things of that nation.??

Hence my PIK question (lol).

Member for

24 years 2 months

No not at all.

KLM's 777s are named after world heritage sites. Hardian's wall, Borobodur, Chitzen Itza etc. Only PH-BQA was named out of sequence, it is named Albert Plesman after the original founder of KLM. His name used to grace a 747 classic, but since they where retired the name was transferred to a 777.

Other names in the KLM fleet include birds (737 NGs), international cities KLM (used to) fly to (747s), cargo ships of the past (747Fs) and explorers (737 classics) as well as a few others.

Member for

20 years 5 months

oh right.Just one more question.....what does KLM stand for??? That has baffled me for a while now

Member for

24 years 2 months

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

literally translated Royal Aviation Company.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Good info there; I suspect that Martinair are either leasing or buying second-hand 747-400s; afaik no orders have been publicised by Boeing.

Member for

20 years

Thanks for the info, Tenthije! Much appreciated.