Introducing Classic Airways, reviving that by-gone era

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Something for all the nostalgists on this forum :)

Skantiy clad Air Hostesses, hot meals and drinks on all flights included in the ticket price, newspapers on every seat upon boarding. Everything an Airline should be.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

What happened to the short lived Classic Airways operating Tristars from Gatwick I think ? in the late 1990's

Member for

20 years 5 months

I never knew a classic airways ever existed, and with Tristars of all things... coincidence folks, beleive me :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I would fly with them - nice livery

Member for

20 years 10 months

Looks and sounds great - Though shouldnt it be renamed 'Danairboy Airways'? :D

Member for

19 years 9 months

I never knew a classic airways ever existed, and with Tristars of all things... coincidence folks, beleive me :)

Here she is....http://www.airliners.net/open.file/543507/L/

Member for

20 years 8 months

When I saw the title, I immediately thought it was this Classic Airways just mentioned. Had forgotten about them until just now! They were in at Stansted most of the time that they were alive, not much longer than a year I don't think. A close family friend was an air hostess for them in that period, on the Tristar.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I worked for Classic Airways for a while too. Lovely company, great people and a super Cabin Crew Manager. The L10's are a little dodgy to work on believe me!

A real shame they're no longer around. They could have been something very good although it was all ACMI work and thats a tough field to get into as a new start-up.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Airbusbaby, was Eve Cattermole, ex of Dan Air, something to do with Classic Airways?

1L.

Member for

20 years 5 months

now heres a thread I thought had died off.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Airbusbaby, was Eve Cattermole, ex of Dan Air, something to do with Classic Airways?

1L.

Rings a bell 1L, although I can't say I know her. The CCM was a lovely lady called Bev Stratful, she's now with EZY so I heard. The rest of the Management were really a nice bunch too.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Classic is great.....just not "too" Classic, if you please . . . .

I am referrring to the cancer causing second-hand (and first-hand) cigarette smoke "throughtout" the cabin, in the "Classic" sense of jet air travel, as it used to be . . . .