Thomas Cook Jet Carrying Bomb from baggage handler at BHX

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

AN undercover Sun reporter has exposed chilling security blunders — by smuggling a fake bomb on to a jet carrying more than 220 British holidaymakers.
ANTHONY FRANCE used bogus references to get a job as a baggage handler.

He then took the “bomb” unchallenged into the hold of the Thomas Cook 757-200 at Birmingham International Airport

View the rest of this story at the following address http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004391268,00.html

Story - TheSun.co.uk

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

AHH the SUN strikes again....I wish these people would find a proper job.

Member for

24 years 2 months

How do you detect a fake bomb, my sandwich could be a fake bomb ?

Member for

24 years 2 months

In the report it shows a picture of him beside the "Fuel Tank". Strange as the Fuel Tank looks alot like the LDV?? (not sure if thats correct name) containers that hold luggage etc!!

Also he says he was waved through by security but IMO He is probably lying as ive seen personel at most UK airports (including BHX) going throught the full security checks and not just being "waved past"!!

One of the pictures shows him lifting his bag off or onto the X Ray Machine when the caption says he was waved through!

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's quite amazing that a SUN "reporter" chose "France" as a bogus name.

Member for

24 years 2 months

no it was it real name. Antony France!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well they have a good sense of humor .... :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 2 months

what annoys me about all these "undercover" reporters is the motivation and Sensationalism behind the subsequent report. If they sincerely wish to highlight security issues, does it need to be blazoned across the front of a tabloid or perhaps sent in a discreet report to the DFT? Won't sell so many newspapers though will it? Nothing like a good bit of scare mongering to boost sales, never mind the potential damage to an already fragile industry. It wouldn't be half as bad if they got their facts straight even! Again, why let the truth stand in the way of a "good" story. :mad:

I'd love to see Mr France arrested and charged under the Terrorism act for potentially endangering an aircraft/interferring with a flight etc.

*seeth*

Member for

20 years 5 months

what annoys me about all these "undercover" reporters is the motivation and Sensationalism behind the subsequent report. If they sincerely wish to highlight security issues, does it need to be blazoned across the front of a tabloid or perhaps sent in a discreet report to the DFT? Won't sell so many newspapers though will it? Nothing like a good bit of scare mongering to boost sales, never mind the potential damage to an already fragile industry. It wouldn't be half as bad if they got their facts straight even! Again, why let the truth stand in the way of a "good" story. :mad:

I'd love to see Mr France arrested and charged under the Terrorism act for potentially endangering an aircraft/interferring with a flight etc.

*seeth*

In full agreement.

Anything from "The Sun" can always be regarded as written diorrhea

Member for

19 years 7 months

These sort of antics get me annoyed, fair enough he may have brought to light a security lapse, as he did give fake refrences but how can you identify a fake bomb? Even going through a detector would not identify it.

I would get this guy up on a charge (if possible) and them let them write about the outcome in the paper.....Fools

Why don't they target trains, boats and buses for their sensationalist stories.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Skypilot, spot on, I'm in total agreement. How that kind of "newspaper" sells so many copies, then I guess page 3 might have something to do with it! It can't be for any news content.

Sensationalism and titilation is what they are all about, which is ok but any news content should not be taken seriously.

Member for

24 years 2 months

In full agreement.

Anything from "The Sun" can always be regarded as written diorrhea

So true ....

Member for

24 years 2 months

Woho something the whole forum agress on - how bad the sun is at acturatly protraying what happened!

Also why is there nothing said about Nigel Cairns who was with him the whole time and who is a Sun Photographer. Surly two people saying the same thing would seem more amazing!

Member for

19 years 8 months

If one of us tried this stunt, no doubt we'd be hauled up in court, probably get some sort of criminal record, and almost certainly be banned from flying with the airline concerned for life. Although I suspect he'll get away with what he's done, I sincerely hope that this PRAT from the Sun gets the same sort of treatment from the authorities that any normal passenger would get.

Andy

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes hopefully his "Scotland Yard issued Press Pass" get taken away for good.

I bet its the same reporter who wandered into FLS hanger at Stansted?? when a Go Aircraft was in being overhauled.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Possible as stupid as the fake bomb platend by another reporter before the Olympics. It did contain some wire, some cables and some nails. I mean if they would have removed all that from the site, how on earth should they ever finish the buildings ??

We had a simliar case in Germany i which a man was able to smuggle a packet on knead (to simulate platic explosives) onto a plane. However I´m not sure how you would destroy a plane using knead. "Everybody freeze I have some knead. Everybody who does not comply will be hit by deadly pellets of hand rolled knead bullets !!" Doubt it works.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Possible as stupid as the fake bomb platend by another reporter before the Olympics. It did contain some wire, some cables and some nails. I mean if they would have removed all that from the site, how on earth should they ever finish the buildings ??

We had a simliar case in Germany i which a man was able to smuggle a packet on knead (to simulate platic explosives) onto a plane. However I´m not sure how you would destroy a plane using knead. "Everybody freeze I have some knead. Everybody who does not comply will be hit by deadly pellets of hand rolled knead bullets !!" Doubt it works.

Eh? :confused:

What on earth is knead?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Eh? :confused:

What on earth is knead?

Play Dough.

Seahawk was litterally translating the german word for Play Dough which is "Knete"

Member for

24 years 2 months

Aha!

It all comes back to me (said the sailor as he peed into wind) :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Play Dough is a commercial brand :D

Member for

20 years 5 months

I know that.

This is how "Plastacine" is more commonly known in Britain.