Concerning Bne Runway (steve Rowell Have A Look!!!)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

I JUST HAD A LOOK AT THE PRESS RELEASE ABOUT THE PROPOSED RUNWAY AT BNE I ASKED ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND FOUND THIS.

BAC seeks public comment on 2003 Master Plan

Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) will tomorrow <13 September 2003> release the 2003 Brisbane Airport Draft Master Plan – Draft for Public Comment.

The 2003 Brisbane Airport Master Plan – Draft for Public Comment will be available for viewing at public libraries, electoral offices and may be purchased from BAC.

Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) Managing Director and CEO Koen Rooijmans (pron Kuhn Roymans) said the Master Plan was “a vision for the future”, rather than an application to proceed with any specific new development at the airport.

The Master Plan is subject by law to a review every five years. It is a tool to plan for future land-based development at Brisbane Airport.

“BAC understands that open and effective communication with the public is integral to developing a plan which allows Brisbane Airport to reach its full potential,” said Mr Rooijmans.

“This is why we are encouraging constructive feedback from residents, community groups, business organizations, our industry partners and regulatory bodies.

“Approval of the Master Plan does not give BAC the green light to proceed with any major development valued at $10 million or more. A separate approvals process, which may include an Environmental Impact Statement and public comment process, will be conducted prior to work on any major project as defined by the Airports Act 1996.”

The 2003 Master Plan – Draft for Public Comment differs only slightly from approved Master Plans prepared by the Federal Government in 1983, the Federal Airports Corporation in 1991 and by BAC in 1998.

In summary, these differences are:

• Proposed runway located as near as practical to Moreton Bay and away from developed areas

• International and Domestic terminal developments to meet projected passenger growth forecasts

• Road infrastructure to service increased vehicle traffic

The 2003 Brisbane Airport Master Plan – Draft for Public Comment may be purchased from BAC for $75, or can be viewed at major Brisbane libraries and relevant electoral offices. An Executive Summary may be found on BAC’s website at www.brisbaneairport.com.au.

Mr Rooijmans encouraged people to read the document, consider its content and then comment in writing to BAC.

“Written submissions are the most effective way of contributing to the public comment process. Ticking a box on a slip of paper does little more than state objection and provides no real feedback for BAC to improve the draft Master Plan,” he said.

The Master Plan will be submitted to the Federal Minister for Transport and Regional Services in January 2004 for approval.

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Very interesting, thanks Dartie

Member for

20 years 9 months

Your welcome, i just thought i should brring it to your attention seeing i asked, ill check every now and then for any more news on the issue!