Short notice GLA meet

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm heading off to LGW in the next hour in order to ferry a 757 to GLA. I'm then stopping in GLA until tomorrow night when I'm off to TFS and back into LGW. I'm meeting up with Ren and Matthew M but if anyone else is around It would be great to increase the numbers. You'll have to contact Ren or Matthew as I'm about to leave.

Regards
wys

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'll try and give Wys a call after he lands in G-FCLI tonight and let you know a time for tomorrow. Selsport has mailed me too, so I've sent him the details so far and he'll come through if he doesn't feel too bad after the Rangers result.

Off to GLA now for the photo's of that landing hopefully ! :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

OK, back in from the airport, just spoke to Wys on the phone so it's gonna be 11am in Garfunkel's Cafe upstairs on the main terminal concourse mezzanine area which looks onto the main domestic apron area.

Here are a few "artistic"* shots of his arrival tonight at GLA in the pitch darkness.

(*artistic... out of focus and vaguely mince)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Turning onto the stand for the night...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Miller Time... ! :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Blur-O-Vision...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just spoke to Selsport and he'll see us there about half eleven:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by Matthew Murray
Cold was it Ren? Shivering whilst taking the pictures?

Wys, heard it was a good landing...:D

Feckin baltic ! :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

A very pleasant afternoon was had by all in Garfunkel's Cafe overlooking the domestic apron at GLA. Matthew, his mate Sandy, Kevin (Selsport), Wysiwyg (Ian) and myself all turned up and spent the next few hours chatting and drinking tea.

Not much spotting or snapping done as most of us used the opportunity to pick Wys's brains about life behind the yoke. Wys brought along some souveneirs for us from his various jobs within the airline business which went down a treat.

Here we are (minus me) in Garfunkel's...

Left to right it's Matthew, Sandy, Wys and Selsport.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ian was supposed to be taking a TCX 757 to Tenerife that evening but got a rota change and ended up having to go to that unpronounceable place beginning with Z ? (lol) We thought this might be his plane (G-FCLJ) but it wasn't. We had fun watching the pre-pushback shenanigans as it was about to depart. A rear door opened up and two cabin crew looked out. We thought Ian had kept them up all night partying and one was about to blow chunks, but they were actually (probably) checking out a door warning . Only kidding about the partying Ian :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

If Wys was here it would have been a great shot, still looks not bad whoever the flight crew were ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The pushback guy gave us a look as we were waving at the cockpit crew...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Got some nice detail shots for Matt and Sandy's 757 sim model, most of which I'll send to Matt personally...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Engineering damage to the tail logo is evident, although less signs of the corrosive effect of the hydraulic fluid as seen at MAN in the summer.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A nice line up in the international stands for a Sunday afternoon, just prior to this shot being taken there were also tails from a Tui 767, a Continental 767 and an Icelandair 757...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Over in the Cafe we didn't make much effort to spot or take pictures. These were snapped from the comfort of our seats and not the best of quality. We were amazed to see this 767 get off the runway and into the air using as little runway length as the FlyBe Dash did !

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hey Folks

Tis me... Sandy... that strange bloke accompanying (and ferrying) Matthew to the meet yesterday.

Big thumbs up to yesterday... had a brilliant day. Well worth getting up at 7am on a Sunday!

Gotta do it again! :D

Thanx Ren for being so co-operative with Matthews "ooh take a photo of this, take a photo of that" :rolleyes:

Sandy / Bmused55

Member for

24 years 3 months

The Continental 764 making one of it's last GLA appearances... sniff !...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hey Sandy, welcome to the forum. You know it makes sense ! :D

Speaking of Matt's photographic enthusiasm, here's a couple he took using my camera. Not bad for a wee guy !;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

And that ATP we thought would never get off the ground after various engine start ups and power downs.

Member for

24 years 3 months

You've gotta admit this plane was designed to be photographed !;)