MYT DC-10 Fleet

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi,

Since the DC-10-10's are leaving the MyTravel fleet soon :( I was wondering if anyone on this forum had the privilege of flying on the MYT DC-10's? DC-10-30 G-BYDA will still be used as a standby aircraft and will be doing some long-haul flights to cover the A330's that are doing the Hadj flights.

http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/8/3/9/264938.jpg

Thanks
Nationwide Air

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes I flew on a 10-10 in January 2002 from Gran Canaria to Manchester. Not the dream DC-10 trip I was looking forward to unfortunately. :(

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi,

Why was that Ren Frew?

Thanks
Nationwide Air

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by Nationwide Air
Hi,

Why was that Ren Frew?

Thanks
Nationwide Air

Packed with screaming children, broken air con, hot as a hot thing, shabby interiors, kept getting my elbow and knee bashed by the catering trolley, cabin crew a bit p*ssed off and grumpy. Every child on board formed a four hour queue for the toliet.

Other than these things it was fine. :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi,

That sounds bad Ren Frew! :p

Regards
Nationwide Air

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi,

I have often had babies crying on the flights I have been on!

Nationwide Air :p

Member for

24 years 3 months

Note, I have nothing against children generally. I was once one myself. :D

(Voice of Mrs Ren) "You still are one you daft eejit" :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

As I have 2 daughters although only one has flown long haul 3 times in her 3 year life I can assure you it is hard trying to keep them quiet for a full 12.5 hrs it takes to get to Johannesburg. Although it anoys everyone (me include) when they cry there is not much you can do about it, but try your best. I take my hat of to mothers and dads who can keep them quiet and ask that they tell me the secret:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Kev.

"Although it anoys everyone (me include) when they cry there is not much you can do about it, but try your best. I take my hat of to mothers and dads who can keep them quiet and ask that they tell me the secret:D "

Have you ever tried haloperidol? ;)

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 3 months

I never flew Airtours/MyTravel DC-10s, but I did fly both of the JMC DC-10s three years ago and had much the same experience as Ren Frew.

Typical signs of an ageing aircraft - broken air conditioning and shabby interiors. When you get this along with cold customer service, no legroom and poor entertainment, the flight isn't really all that enjoyable.

The aircraft was falling apart so much that my father's seat was wobbly. It fell into the recline position and just flopped back down when we pulled it forward. When the seatbelt sign was on, he had to take another seat. Not good when you pay £15 to pre-book your seats on a long haul flight to the Dominican Republic.

The air conditioning leaked quite badly throughout the aircraft. It worked, keeping the cabin quite cool, but it was also flooding the aircraft!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I had a trip on G-TDTW which was our sub in 2001 - wasn't expecting her so i loved the flight - especially the trip up front!

Member for

24 years 3 months

No I haven't, unfortunately.:(

Member for

24 years 3 months

Saw one just the other day at high level over my place, I think on a heading to MAN. Great planes, I shall miss them.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi,

Saw one just the other day at high level over my place, I think on a heading to MAN. Great planes, I shall miss them.

I will too, its always a joy to see them approaching over the Airport Pub at MAN :).

Thanks
Nationwide Air

Member for

24 years 3 months

I used to do loadsheets for the Scanair DC10 fleet which, I have learned thanks to people on this forum, have migrated to Premiair/Airtours and on to MyTravel. So I am glad to know that, at least for a short time to come, they are still around.

Member for

20 years 10 months

yes i have i went from luton to palma mallorca and palma mallorca to luton 3 years ago it was a nice plane although very cold at 6:03 am flight 2 mallorca

R.I.P to a great aircraft

Member for

20 years 10 months

by the way that was my 200th post yay near 2 500 now then 1000

Member for

21 years

I've flown on a MYT DC-10-30. It was from Lyon to Gatwick in February last year after our Monarch A300 went 'tech' we were 5 hours late getting home but it was a good journey and I really enjoyed m first and only flight on a DC 10!