Future Sn Bruseels Airlines?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hi people, I hope some Belgian reads this.
I doubt about a future for SN Brussels Airlines... In July and August, SN had a Last Minute campaign. Every week, about five european destinations were priced at less than 200 euros. You can't make profit with that small amount of money? On some destinations it was the same than Ryanair!
It was propably something like "We want at lmeast little (profit), than no profit at all."

I think there would be more future for sn in Antwerp/Deurne Airport! It has a short runway, but AVro RJ's are capable of using it. It would be great to see it moving there with some RJ85's, I think routes to Frankfurt/Main and Paris/CDG would be good.

I'm sorry for my bad English, but the main language in Belgium is Dutch;)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Re: Future Sn Bruseels Airlines?

Originally posted by Jeanske_SN
Hi people, I hope some Belgian reads this.
I doubt about a future for SN Brussels Airlines... In July and August, SN had a Last Minute campaign. Every week, about five european destinations were priced at less than 200 euros. You can't make profit with that small amount of money? On some destinations it was the same than Ryanair!
It was propably something like "We want at lmeast little (profit), than no profit at all."

I think there would be more future for sn in Antwerp/Deurne Airport! It has a short runway, but AVro RJ's are capable of using it. It would be great to see it moving there with some RJ85's, I think routes to Frankfurt/Main and Paris/CDG would be good.

I'm sorry for my bad English, but the main language in Belgium is Dutch;)

Hi Jeanske,

In fact, SN made more profit this year than last year. Of course, they are in some funny niche, between the low cost and the "full" (understand expensive) airline.

I admit that, if they had lower prices, i would fly with them on all destinations on business trips, and many companys would do. But... if i have the choice between a BRU - GVA flight for 1000€ way and back, or CGN - ZRH with Germanwings for 200€way and back, i won't hesitate long... And they are attractive to their customers because they fly from a central point in Belgium.

Btw... regarding your last remark... are you *sure* that Dutch is the main language over here? I thought there were 3 main languages...