MyTravel question for SOFTLAD

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

SOFTLAD - I was on a crew bus yesterday shared with some MYT cabin crew who were talking about redundancy notices being issued. Then later on I was chatting to a MYT skipper who was wearing a brand new uniform (black with silver braid as opposed to the last blue with gold braid). Is there any truth about the redundancies occuring at the same time as money is being spent on flightdeck uniforms? If so, my heart goes out to the redundant crews.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Im afraid you heard right.I think about 120 redundancies are planned.MAN,GLA and LGW are the bases that are affected.At the moment they are trying to find positions accross the group for these peole thet will be affected.As for the new uniform im am told that the contract had already been signed before the money problems started ?? Keep you up to speed with any other updates.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Is the financial situation still looking OK until 2005 Lyndon?

Member for

24 years 2 months

All looks good at the moment

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm struggling to know how to find the words here Lyndon because I just can't express how angry I get when people lose their means of supporting their families. That's doubly so when managers have accepted big pay offs. I will be very dissappointed if the other charters do not consider these people a priority when they next recruit.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I was told today that there are places at other bases for 50 of these people which is good.However i know that i would not be happy having to relocate to another part of the country.The company are also trying to find positions in other patrs of the company like travel agents and head office.Just hope they all get sorted ? Fell very sorry for those who will be affected.