Looking for a CVR

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Has anyone an idea where to get an old Cockpit Voice Recorder or Flight Data Recorder? Which so much scrapping of old aircraft around I'll guess somebody is selling those. As many of the old FDR's are only registrating 4 parameters, I don't believe there is a 2nd had demand for these, except for scrapvalue. BW Roger

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

You could try on ebay ? Its amazing the things that come up on there.

Member for

20 years 11 months

What on earth do you want with an FDR or a CVR

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by steve rowell
What on earth do you want with an FDR or a CVR

Maybe it's the last piece in Roger's 'build a boeing' quest ? (lol)

Member for

24 years 2 months

No special reason. Just to put it on the bookshelf. Just the case is good enough for me. I also have a Super Connie window, a complete Transvia Holland Caravelle wingtip, a Caravelle steering wheel, part of a F28 forward wing and lots of (Super) Connie & DC-7 instruments & cabine parts ( now that I think, a stewardess is also still missing in the collection :D ) BW Roger

Member for

24 years 2 months

They still haven't found the Bijlmer CVR's, so if you get your scuba gear on you might perhaps possibly find it in the lak at the nearby park. :D

Or otherwise Israel? :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Both CVR and FDR of the ELAL machine were recovered the night of the crash. Don't belief the story they weren't. That story is just told to cover up things by the governements involved. BW Roger

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by Roger S
No special reason. Just to put it on the bookshelf. Just the case is good enough for me. I also have a Super Connie window, a complete Transvia Holland Caravelle wingtip, a Caravelle steering wheel, part of a F28 forward wing and lots of (Super) Connie & DC-7 instruments & cabine parts ( now that I think, a stewardess is also still missing in the collection :D ) BW Roger

You must have one big bookshelf Roger !

Oh, and as Billy Connolly once asked.... Why don't they build the rest of the plane out of the same material as the black box ? :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

it would make the plane so heavy it would never lift of. Also, the walls would be so thick you would need a widebody to have 3 or 4seats per row. Not quite economical.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Roger,

You might want to get in touch with Ryanair, apparently they will be sending their 732's to Prestwick for scrapping in the near future. There's also a former Polar Air 747 sitting there at the moment awaiting the scrap man's axe.

If I hear anymore on the 732's I'll let you know.