Singapore Airlines?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Has anyone out there picked up reports of poor service in recent months from Singapore Airlines?
I have read some reports, and was surprised, when checking prices to the Far East, for SA to come out as the cheapest offer!:eek:

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Cheaper than Aeroflot??????????

Member for

20 years 11 months

Iv'e flown Singapore several times,they are the best and their prices have always been competitive

Member for

24 years 2 months

i have flown SIA on many occasions, longhaul, ultralonghaul, medium haul and shorthaul, they are no better or no worse than any other airline, just very overrated.

sia is average at best, i think ppl are so wrapped up with SIA being so good that they actually dont notice when they are bad.

best asian airline is by far Japan Airlines or Asiana, who i recently flew with and they are miles ahead of SIA.

Member for

20 years 7 months

I've always wanted to fly SIA, from what I have heard i can't imagine what the problem would be, nice interior, friendy staff, relativly new aircraft. I'd agree that JAL is one hell of an airline, who would of guessed NWa helped form that one ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by B777boy
I've always wanted to fly SIA, from what I have heard i can't imagine what the problem would be, nice interior, friendy staff, relativly new aircraft. I'd agree that JAL is one hell of an airline, who would of guessed NWa helped form that one ;)

thats precisely what i mean, everyone wants to fly sia because they assume that all of the above is true, sia is the same as any other airline, INCONSISTENT !

Member for

20 years 7 months

even so i'd still like ot fly a SIA 777

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have had great experience with SIA.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Originally posted by monster500
i have flown SIA on many occasions, longhaul, ultralonghaul, medium haul and shorthaul, .

monster 500 what do you actually classify
ultralonghaul as?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by dartie
monster 500 what do you actually classify
ultralonghaul as?

perth-singapore-frankfurt-jfk

thats ultra longhaul, in total with 2 stops, from perth to nyc it took 26 flying hours, 30 hours including stops

Member for

20 years 9 months

Well technically a longhaul flight is a flight non stop for about 8 hours or more, with stops thats not ultralonghaul!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well technically a longhaul flight is a flight non stop for about 8 hours or more, with stops thats not ultralonghaul!

for someone who flies for a living i think i have a pretty good idea of what ultralonghaul is.

i have been doing it for nearly 17 years now, just a little longer than you have been alive i suspect.

if a flight from singapore to nyc nonstop was possible it would also be called ultralonghaul, from singapore to frankfurt is 13hrs nonstop, that is 5 hours more than the classification of longhual. it is commonly, the flight must stop and refuel somewhere on route, you dont change planes, you dont get off, and if you dont think sitting in the same plane from singapore to nyc for 22hrs isnt ultralonghaul then maybe you should try it

Member for

20 years 9 months

IM just saying technically its to a non-stop flight but with brake ups it depends on how close the arrival and departure times are!

Member for

24 years 2 months

IM just saying technically its to a non-stop flight but with brake ups it depends on how close the arrival and departure times are!

this comment makes no sense, if longhaul is classified 8hrs nonstop then what on earth do you call 13hrs 35min nonstop then?

actaully what do you call 22 hrs with a 65min break in between??

Member for

20 years 7 months

guys come on, we are all people who share a common interest in aviation, and your bickering about words, honestly its sort of lame, my opinion on your fight, a 30 hour flight seems to be a bit longer then your long haul of 8 hours. I think the classification of ultra fits nicely here. Now do you wanna stop your little argument and have a pint?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by B777boy
guys come on, we are all people who share a common interest in aviation, and your bickering about words, honestly its sort of lame, my opinion on your fight, a 30 hour flight seems to be a bit longer then your long haul of 8 hours. I think the classification of ultra fits nicely here. Now do you wanna stop your little argument and have a pint?

make mine a guiness please :)

bugger the newspaper man forgot to deliver my paper

:p

Member for

24 years 2 months

and have a pint?

ahhhhhh... the magic words! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Goodness me! That was almost as bad as people discussing motorcycles on this forum:p
Anyway, thanks for your comments on SIA - I think consistency is the real point,(checking most airlines on SKYTRAX reveals that). I must say however that there are rarely bad reports of Emirates.
The price I saw for SIA which prompted the question was £440 LHR-MNL.
Never mind, Qatar A330, I'm still inclined your way (but can't book until early Sept).:)

Member for

20 years 9 months

I have just never heard of the term ultralonghaul, its just not used commonly to me, and i do apologise if my post sound angry or something i dont mean them to!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Guys,

I thought long haul is a flight lasting more than 6 hours.

Also, my ops manual states ULTRA LONG HAUL is "An operation by a two crew aircraft requiring three or more pilots involving a time difference of 6 hours or more between the places where the duty period began and ended".

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by monster500

actaully what do you call 22 hrs with a 65min break in between??

Illegal ?