Are there any other future pilots on here?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Just wondering if anyone else dreams of becoming a pilot as much as i do?
My G.C.S.E. results come tomorrow, sort of nervous and i just wrote a flight report for the forum, any feedback is appriciated.:D :D :D :D

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

I always dreamed of being a pilot when i was young, but i ended up working in the Banking industry

Member for

24 years 2 months

I toyed with the notion at school for a while and then realised my non technical mind (couldn't stand Maths or Physics) would do me no good. :D Decided to pursue more creative pursuits, working in TV now and for past ten years. My only piloting comes courtesy of flight sim games, and hey... I don't even do those correctly.

Good luck with the GCSE's just watched some kids open their results live on TV. The one with the most A's was also interestingly the one who manged to open the envelope first time.

Member for

24 years 2 months

i wanted to be a pilot all my life and i am!

Member for

20 years 8 months

I am 15 now and am hoping and praying that one day it will be me up there flying those jets across the skies. It has been my ambition since I was about 5, when I very first went on a plane to Florida, and it has just grown and grown on me. I'm doing quite well (I think) at school and start my GCSEs next year. I have about 19 hours instruction now and then once I am 16 I can actually start logging these hours. My main aim for now is just to get my PPL so atleast I can be up there in the sky (the best place to be if you ask me) and then hopefully build on that and try and get a sponsorship with an airline or something.

Member for

24 years 2 months

i wouldnt rely on sponsorship - its few and far between + very hard to get

Member for

20 years 11 months

I've submitted my application to start my ATPL training at Oxford Aviation today! I've submitted it a year early as only 1 in 8 applicants get in and I thought I'd line myself up with a second chance if needed.

I'm afraid airline sponsorship is almost certainly a thing of the past. EasyJet and Thomas Cook do offer 'sponsorship' but it is infact more of a loan than sponsorship.

Member for

20 years 11 months

I got accpted by OXford aviation. Thank goodness Im mixed race if you know what I mean.

Member for

20 years 11 months

You're doing a modular course aren't you Gaurav? I'm looking at that as a second option, what was the selection process like?

Member for

20 years 9 months

i really want to but im not guna be able to as there is no way i am doing maths at colllege and uni

Member for

24 years 2 months

I turn 20 fairly soon, and I'm currently a sophomore attending a college here in the States.

I'm on scholarship with the Air Force, and I'm working toward first of all comissioning at a Lieutenant, and then possibly getting a pilot or nav slot, though there are other jobs I'm interested in.

Aviation is something I've been interested in since I can remember (probably about 3 when I began to love airplanes and helicopters like I do now), so I've always wanted to be a pilot.

While a job in the Air Force is nice, I ultimately want to get out of the service and pursue a career as a commercial pilot. I don't know what my chances are of achieving any of this, but I'm certainly going to work hard and try for it.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have 28 hours towards my PPL, am 16 (just got my GCSE results!) and have my Air Law exam this saturday!

Member for

20 years 8 months

I am 16, and have just recieved my GCSE results today. I am ultimately aiming to become an airline pilot, and fly high. i, unlike many of you of my age have no flying experience as yet, and i pray that this disadvantage will not affect my ambition. i hopefully will join a gliding club soon, so that might help. good luck Wannabe Pilot in your GCSEs next year and anyone else in the same position: if i can do it, anyone can.

thanks,
adam

Member for

20 years 11 months

Adam, if anything you have a slight advantage on having no flying experience. Most flight schools prefer full time students to be completely new to the whole process of flying so that they can be taught the way that the school wants them to be.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I wanted to be a pilot, got my maths and physics A-levels, but am still asthmatic. So that kind of screwed that up!

Member for

20 years 8 months

thanks martin

thanks,
adam

Member for

24 years 2 months

unlucky GZYL

Member for

20 years 7 months

I am currently in the air cadets and I AM DETERMINED TO BECOME AN AIRLINE PILOT!!!!! I am only 13 but I have my mind set-up!!!!!! I am currently working hard in school and I WILL become an airline pilot!

Member for

24 years 2 months

The Air Cadets is a great way of getting some flying experience in and also showing a future employer that you have been dedicated for ages. Gliding is also a great way of involving yourself in the aviation environment.

I started at 12, my brother (BA 737 Capt) started at 14. You're never too young to start!

Member for

20 years 10 months

I'm starting a flying course in Australia in late October. Out of it, I'll be getting a CPL, Command Instrument Rating, Multi-Engine Rating, Retractable Undercarriage Endorsement, Instructor Rating, Turbine Rating and a Diploma in Aviation and Business Studies. I started flying for fun late last year, not long after I turned nineteen (Because that was the first time I had the money to do it). So what is my aim? To be in the airlines of course!!! So look out for the Australian Pilot in a QANTAS uniform (or Cathay Pacific, Emirates, BA, or Royal Tongan) riding to his gate on a unicycle, after all, it sure beats walking!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good on you Redwings, the Australian license is one of the highest standard licenses in the world, arguably a higher standard than the old UK CAA license.