Worst Airports?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I saw this article on MSN.com and thought I'd run it by you guys and see what you think. I've only been to MIA so I can't vouch for the others.

What do you guys think of this fella's choices on worst airports?

http://www.bcentral.com/articles/elliott/114.asp?LID=33292

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

JFK and LGA both suffer from ground traffic issues due to the fact that neither are connected to the rail service in NYC. In the last 2 years EWR has been attached to the rail service of New Jersey and NYC which basically eliminates the need for alternate ground transportation. That alone has sold me on EWR for a New York airport. Last summer it took me less than 1.5 hours between the time my flight got to the gate and I was standing in my hotel in downtown Manhattan and it only cost me $16. LGA would have cost me a $50 taxi ride and just as much time if not more.

EWR has also had a boom of construction on the terminals in that time which has turned that airport around. The "old" EWR was a disgusting place in my opinion but that is only a distant memory now. LGA is a cramped old design that has outlived its original purpose and needs to be revamped. JFK is a gorgeous airport that isn't nearly as bad as this guy makes it sounds.

I think it's funny how a passenger blames the airport for mechanical or weather delays as well as blaming it for long lines at the customer service desk. Guess what, you have a 767 go down for maintenance or something and there is going to be a 200+ person line somewhere. You want short lines, fly small airplanes. :)

I think the one consistant complaint most common to nearly all large airports is regarding the line for the security checkpoints. Procedures are still a mess which only delays the screening process. The TSA needs to get off their fat butts and start stream lining their jobs.

This incident was a slap in the face to all airline employees everywhere:

She recalls the 1999 incident at Newark in which a passenger grew so irritated with a gate agent after waiting in a long line that he body-slammed him to the ground, breaking the airline employee's neck. The incident happened in an area that airport workers call "the dungeon." The employee survived, but the passenger prevailed in a resulting lawsuit filed by the airline against him. "I was there some months after the incident and could completely understand how it happened," says Babcock, a Port Austin, Mich. accountant.

Basically if someone feels they are having a bad day they have the right to take it out on the nearest airline worker. I've been in some long lines in my day but I never have felt the urge to break a man's neck over it. Just another incident showing that the decline of the average airline passenger. :(

Member for

20 years 11 months

I agree with Las Vegas, the cigarette smoke and noisy slot
machines are terrible