Trip report GVA-AMS-CCS and back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

hey everyone...
well, here's my trip report:
GVA-AMS on KL1928, a B733....extremely mediocre sandwich (i wont go as far as calling it food...)....how the mighty have fallen...the airplane arrived at GVA slightly late, but we somehow managed to get to AMS ahead of time....
AMS-CCS on KL775, a B763 called Golden Gate Bridge......i always hated the 767, especially when i found out it had recently replaced the MD11 on the CCS route, hence, i thought it would be an awful trip.....on the bad side: only 3 audio channels actually worked, and the trip was 10 hours instread of the 9 that the MD11 wouldve made...the seats were not bad, though they are supposedly being replaced by newer/better ones: it's still uncomfy to sit down for 10 hours....
HOWEVER, the service provided by the stews, as well as the catering for both meals we received was outstanding.....it wasnt "good for airplane food"....it was actually GOOD FOOD.....TWICE!!!:p
the trip back was almost the same on the 767, only 4 audio channels, and this time, the first meal was not quite as good, as they had run out of chicken, and i had to settle for pasta...
AMS-GVA was made on a Fokker70.....not too bad, but a wee bit cramped
ill post pictures later

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good report.

I found your food thoughts much the same as Thai last month. The food outbound was great. Presented superbly, tasted great. Again, not just "good airline food", but great food altogether. You'd never guess you were eating re-heated food at 35,000ft.

On the way back, it took a turn for the worse though. The chicken was nice, although fatty and presentation had not been considered.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Good report