Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research project: Plane spotting at London Heathrow Airport

Hi,

My name’s Phil – I’m a master’s student at a university in London. As part of a methodology course that I’m taking I’m conducting a study on the experiences of plane spotters/aviation enthusiasts at London Heathrow Airport. Specifically, I’m hoping to explore the following:

• The changing nature and practices of plane spotting (flight apps etc)
    • The social and community aspects e.g. enjoying the hobby with others and sharing images and videos online

If anyone is interested in my study (I can provide more info) and would like to share their knowledge, stories and experiences of plane spotting, I’d be delighted to hear from you. I’m happy to meet in person at the plane spotting locations or over tea/coffee somewhere first.

My email is p20@live.co.uk or I can be contacted on here.

Thanks

Phil
    Last edited by FlyingDutchman3; 22nd February 2018, 03:20.

Are the plane spotters now to be... spotted? Howdy guys, raise your colors!

All my best wishes for this endeavor, Phil.

Comment

Or as those in ATC affectionately call them, swivels.

The one and only time I went spotting at Heathrow, was when you could go on the roof of the Queen's building.
      Last edited by ~Alan~; 25th December 2017, 20:48.
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Thanks Tom and Alan. Same for me re Queens Building! Shame the deck closed.

Comment

Some airfields are actually starting to embrace them as they see them as an added level of security, they recognise your average spotter may spot something out of the norm around the perimeter so it makes sense to avail themselves of the facility.
          Last edited by TonyT; 13th January 2018, 00:22.

Comment

I think that's the case at Stanstead.
            Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Working...
            X