Heathrow spotting

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

can anyone tell me where you can spott at Heahtrow without getting your fingers smacked. I was down at Stanstead a few weeks ago and no security or police bothered us, seems strange
Regards BANDIT

Original post

Member for

21 years

Im going to Hatton Cross Station on the east side tomorrow after work. This is right underneath the flight path for landing, sorry but I dont know the runway number.
Ive been there a few times and as yet have never had slapped fingers. Police drive around loads and sometimes the stop and look, but Ive never had trouble.

Member for

20 years 9 months

ILL GIVE THAT A GO MATE

REGARDS BANDIT

Member for

21 years 1 month

Hatton Cross is by the 27L threshold. On the opposite side of the A30 dual carriageway is a small grass field giving a slightly clearer view of approaches over the house tops. Don't forget that landing and take off runways change over around 3pm.
mmitch.

Member for

21 years

The police are being very good about the whole situation due to the lack of decent spotting facilities (The visitors centre is fairly limited).
I was speaking to a police officer the other day who was a die hard spotter, and he said that the police were being told just to monitor the situation and check for "suspicious characters in suspicious places" so if you are at Hatton Cross, or Myrtle Avenue then they are not going to bother. They are praying for the opening of the spectator gallery even harder than we are!