^

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

Just wanted to say that all the photo's i've seen on the forum are fantastic in look and quality!!!!
Great Pics!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

Ahhh, good to see a fellow JetPhotos.Net user - the better alternative to Airliners!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Never heard of it??
Is it as good as Airliners.net????

Member for

20 years 10 months

Never heard of which? JetPhotos? It's better - you don't have to pay to use it for a start, and you also don't need thousands of pounds of photo equipment to get your photos accepted.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by LN Strike Eagle
Never heard of which? JetPhotos? It's better - you don't have to pay to use it for a start, and you also don't need thousands of pounds of photo equipment to get your photos accepted.

That's what's good about airlinepics.com, they accept stuff from enthusiastic amateurs and not just pro level photographers. It's quite a new site BTW, just over 3000 pics so far.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Neither do you have to wait for weeks. Normally I get my shots uploaded in barely 3 days. Haven't had a lot of rejections yet, which is quite different at a.net where they managed to refuse all but 2 of my shots!

Member for

24 years 3 months

It's better - you don't have to pay to use it for a start, and you also don't need thousands of pounds of photo equipment to get your photos accepted

You only need to pay up at airliners.net if you want to use the forum and expensive photo equipment is not going to get your pics accepted anywhere if you don't know the basics of photography, much as wordprocessing software will not write a bestseller without input from your side (Shakespeare used a quill I believe...).

In any case, those who have been put off by airliners.net are advised to try again; seems to me that standards have been lowered significantly recently.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yes, I know that - but there does seem to be a rediculously high standard there which can't be met easily by those using equipment such as mine - at JetPhotos I'm welcomed into the forum free of charge, I have almost 300 photos accepted, and I don't have to pay for priviledges - all of us are treated equally, whether we are professionals or people sending in the first photo we've ever taken.

I've got a couple on Airliners.Net, but to be honest, I'd rather spend the time uploading to JetPhotos where I will get more accepted and where they will be appreciated.

Member for

24 years 3 months

They have? Well, I'll give it another try then. You'll here 3 weeks from now if I have been succesful! Or have they improved on the queue as well? Last time I tried uploading something (+/- 2 months ago) it took 4 weeks for them to refuse the pic. I appealed and am still waiting for an reaction! I given up hope for that pic... :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

@strikeeagle: I agree with your last statement completely, and at one point I found that the very quality requirements resulted in fewer imaginative and dramatic pics there. What camera equiment are you using, incidentally? What I would critizise at airliners.net is the odd system of queuing photographers, rather than individual pictures as they are uploaded. Some people seem to have developed a knack of reserving a permanent top position in the queue.

@futurepilot: If your praise was also directed at me, then thank you very much!

Member for

20 years 10 months

I'm using an Olympus C-2100 UZ, with 10x optical zoom equivalent to 380mm.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Which is where JetPhotos.Net comes in - they don't aim to go for standards like Airliners, so people with imagination, but without the same level of expertise can join in. There are standards, and they won't accept riff raff, but it's a much better than airlienrs, and you get very quick responses to appeals, corrections and uploads etc.

Alot of the Airliners best photographers have come over to JetPhotos and pulled their photos from Airliners (Glenn Alderton to name but one) because they don't like the way the other site works.

Mind you - I don't know al the details, I refrain from joining these discussions on their board as I don't know enough - I just know that I prefer JetPhotos.

Off out to NOMAD at Waddington now anyway.... :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I must admit I judged A.net harshly. :o

They must have lowered standards (a lot) since they accepted some of my pics! :eek:

What I find even more surprising is the speed it took them. Uploaded yesterday (after Kenneth adviced to do so) and they are already uploaded! Last time they refused something it took about 2 weeks, and the last thing they accepted took even longer! :eek:

Member for

19 years 3 months

Don't like the way Jet photos works either

Member for

20 years 6 months

Don't like the way Jet photos works either

me neither

You click on a thumbnail for a picture and 10 or so windows pop up... all ads.
And then the photo begins to load. But you get this annoying little add that drifts in from the left and covers the photo... close it before the photo is finished loading and it stops loading the entire page alltogether... leading you to hit refresh... which brings up another 5 or 6 ads.

Grrrrr

Member for

20 years 6 months

I agree with future pilot, the photos are all fantastic quality.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Y'know i was wondering when i saw this thread just now.....i don't remeber putting this thread on the forum. Till i realised the thread is over a year old!!! :D lol

Member for

20 years 11 months

I'll have to give them a shot. I've uploaded a number of my pictures at a.net with no luck.

Member for

20 years 1 month

'WD LOL! i got on a.net with my 1st try!
Click my link below to see mine, digi cam just bought, and went to LHR with me last month, but i will have more digi pics next yar for sure!
And yeah the standard is v v high here guys!