Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airline Abuse

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NII_VVS
    Senior Controversialist
    • Mar 2008

Airline Abuse

Greetings All,

I am sure that virtually everyone reading this forum has been subject to abuse or maltreatment by an airlines carrier. Equally, we all likely know that filing for compensation with their respective "customer services" departments is essentially useless.

So, I wonder if anyone has developed any kind of alternate resources here? Has anyone pursued their claims via a solicitor? How about in Europe via the Commission, or EASA?

Furthermore, has anyone here attempted to get these abuses and poor practices noticed in civil aviation journals and magazines? I can see that such comments are absolutely chokka across social media, but how effective is this, really? Have any of the larger publications highlighted this sort of thing?

Any further ideas as to how one might proceed? Thanks in advance for any ideas, chaps.
    REDBANNER.CO.UK - PERFORMANCE.REDBANNER.CO.UK
  • Agent K
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2005

Never had abuse or maltreatment from an Airline, nope.

Think you need to change your header to Airline too.......

Comment

• Newforest
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Apr 2005

PM to Mod for thread title alteration!
      http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

Comment

• snafu
        • Aug 2013

(Tongue in cheek) you could always take it up via the Sun newspaper...;o)

Comment

• NII_VVS
          Senior Controversialist
          • Mar 2008

I see... concern over title typos and a cheeky go for The Sun. No wonder the airlines operate with callous and arrogant impunity....

Well, you'll excuse me-- I am off to do something about this, even if no one else will.
          REDBANNER.CO.UK - PERFORMANCE.REDBANNER.CO.UK

Comment

• Agent K
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • May 2005

Originally posted by NII_VVS View Post
            I see... concern over title typos and a cheeky go for The Sun. No wonder the airlines operate with callous and arrogant impunity....

Well, you'll excuse me-- I am off to do something about this, even if no one else will.

Correct spelling, grammar etc. present a professional and constructive argument, badly spelled, badly written words with poor grammar really don't stand up and would be laughed out of court, or whatever your chosen path of action is.

Good luck in your "endeavours", remember as one airline campaign went "We never forget you have a choice", and you still do..... I fear your claim of abuse and maltreatment is a little far stretched and customer relations departments etc. will deal with any complaint you have.....
            Last edited by Agent K; 2nd December 2016, 10:25.

Comment

• snafu
              • Aug 2013

I've had had posts on these forum/s flagged as being against the interests of the advertisers in the magazines/publisher who fund them - and my posts are mostly in the guise of asking questions or what-ifs and whys.

What makes you think that a magazine with an interest such as these is going to bite the hand that feeds it, allows access to aircraft, maybe flies them around and such like?
              So seriously - if you have a problem a trade publication is not the route to follow since they too have an interest; if what you have blows the industry to shreds what are they going to fill the pages with then?

Comment

• J Boyle
                With malice towards none
                • Oct 2004

Examples?
                You can leave out specific names if you're afraid you'll be moderated into submission.
                There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Aug 2013

Should have guessed you would be stalking me...

And since you are the one flagging, you ought to know.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                  X