QF london flights

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

Anybody know how many flights Qantas has into Heathrow daily and what time they arrive and depart.
Also do they still sevice Manchester, and do they use Gatwick????

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

pretty sure they don't operate to MAN, as I remember reading it was unusual to see a QF 747 there during the Commonwealth games last year, bringing the Aussie team (and Wunala Dreaming to boot, too.)

Obviously, being oneworld, they do operate to MAN from LHR with a BA codeshare (as they do to GLA, EDI, ABZ and NCL), while they code share to LGW and BHX from FRA on BA citiexpress flights.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I always found these things hard to answer, because BA and Qantas codeshare to a massive extent. In fact it appears to be more of a joint venture for London-Australia than just a codeshare.

In terms of actual Qantas operated flights:

QF2 LHR-SYD departs 22:15 (via BKK)
QF6 LHR-SYD departs 22:15 (via SIN) possibly operated by BA
QF10 LHR-MEL departs 22:05 (via SIN)

You can double that number of daily flights if you add the ones operated by BA (ie. LHR-SYD 4x daily, LHR-MEL 2x daily)

As Bhoy points out, Qantas codeshare with BA into LGW and MAN.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Qantas Airways only flies from Australia to London Heathrow, plus they are also scrapping there Rome services as of August due to lack of capacity, they will instead enter a code-share agreement with Cathay Pacific on four flight a week from SYD to FUI via HKG!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I wouldn't be surprised if CDG was also discontinued.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Why?

Australia is staggeringly under served in my opinion.

Member for

24 years 3 months

If you look through a period of time you will see that the Paris service has been suspended a number of times due to poor passenger loads. Now Qantas only operates to CDG around twice a week, this is not enough frequency to encourage high yield passengers when airlines such as Emirates operate daily connections to Australia. In my opinion when you see a similar service to Rome disappearing then it looks quite unlikely that a service to Paris would be kept flying either.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Fair enough. Well explained Adrian.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Well some good news for Qantas on the Pacific Route, by August they will introduce services to Los Angeles to 30 per week and also they have introduced the MEL - LAX - ORD.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Qantas flies to LHR 2 times per day and on several days per week it has 3 services.

QF9 starts in Melb then to Sin and on to LHR.
QF1 starts in Syd then to Bkk and on to LHR
QF31 starts in Syd then to Sin and on to LHR.

Qantas operates only 2 times per week to CDG and a daily service to Frankfurt from Sydney via Singapore.

Services to FCO are suspended from about 10 sept.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Re: QF london flights

Originally posted by steve rowell
Anybody know how many flights Qantas has into Heathrow daily and what time they arrive and depart.
Also do they still sevice Manchester, and do they use Gatwick????

Assuming that your Australian! Have you ever been on a QF flight and got the Flight Magazine, you will find all the destinations on the routes maps at the back of the magazine!