Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Spotter friendly airports"

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quicksilver51
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2008

"Spotter friendly airports"

I'm sure I read somewhere that some airports in the UK are keen to encourage their local aircraft enthusiasts (or "plane spotters"...) to report any untoward incidents etc to the airport management, in return for which the spotter is recognised as a bona-fide asset to the airport rather than a dratted nuisance. Does anyone have any information about this. or know which airport/s operate such a system? Thank you in advance!
  • HP111
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2012

I believe that a group of enthusiasts that operate largely at Gatwick have an understanding with the security services such that individuals are known and only operate within certain parameters. Whether that amounts to an extension of the security service is another matter.

Would this question be better asked in the Commercial Aviation forum.

Comment

• jack windsor
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Dec 2008

hi,
      I was speaking to a pilot from Hurn and he said most of the pilots he knew from there had time for "spotters", as they were extra eyes and ears at airfields...and would say if anything was amiss.

regards,
      jack...

Comment

• Mpacha
        • Jan 2000

Stansted have a "PlaneWatch" scheme in which you get issued an ID and occasionally they organize photo opportunities for members.
        pb::

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X