BA Citiexpress Rumours

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

The rumours about BA Citiexpress and Loganair are escalating at the moment.
BA look set to renew Loganairs franchise, but only if it complys with the follwing:
Sells all it's Saabs to BACX who will then sell them on without operating them
Buy BACX's ATP's, and operate them out of BACX's current hubs of IOM and GLA. This will give Loganair the entire Scottish market, plus a new hub at IOM.
I'm a bit dubious about anyone wanting to buy ATP's though. I presume this is just a clause introduced because BACX can't get rid of them?
Anyway, this is just rumour, but it has come from inside BACX.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Interesting stuff, I'm still hearing Loganair will be buying more Saabs. I can't see them wanting the ATP's to be honest, unless they then plan to move them on themselves.

I'll be watching this one rumble on.:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

ATPs are earmarked for freighter conversions - Wait and see by October!!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

We need Skypilot62 for this one. Although the ATP is bigger than the Saab it is an absolute dog in comparison.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by EGNM
ATPs are earmarked for freighter conversions - Wait and see by October!!!!

Yeah I read an article about a firm in Sweden undertaking the conversions. They seem to have "made the plane find it's purpose" according to a boastful engineer.

Member for

21 years

3 ATP's have been earmarked for Loganair. They are being repainted into Union Flag colours for this, so it seems that Loganair are retaining their BA franchise.
G-MANE/F/L are the 3 being relocated.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Have heard the rumours but wait and see. Remember, Loganair used to operate ATP's (G-MANB/C and a few others whose id's I can't recall - got time on most of them!), so it wouldn't be so bizarre, plus IOM has a large ATP engineering facility and the ATP carries 68 pax over the Saab's 30ish.

As they say, "Many a slip between cup & lip". BACX have made it clear they want all jet fleets asap and if the right deal came up, they'd take it - remember the J41?

I hope it is an ATP deal as my colleagues on Fraggle Rock would be likely safeguarded with their jobs.

Anyone saying for sure one way or the other is also speculating. The new BACX team play VERY tight cards. Often the rumours only come out after the deal has fallen through. My fleet managers seem to be as much in the dark as everyone else, although we all hear the same rumours.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by Ren Frew
Yeah I read an article about a firm in Sweden undertaking the conversions. They seem to have "made the plane find it's purpose" according to a boastful engineer.

Westair Sweden you mean Ren. Same lines as what i've heard, but a bit closer to home...

Member for

21 years

The ATP's are being returned to the lessor as originaly planned now.
This is either due to a change of heart in BACX, or Loganair refusing. This could be the first step for Loganair to gain their independance from BA.