Area 51 Shuttles ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just got back off holidaqy from Las Vegas and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the aircraft below ? These come in and out of Vegas all day and i was wondering who they were ? On asking a few locals apparently they take employees out to Area 51 and back each day.There must be at least 5 or 6 aircraft in the fleet but thats all i could find out. We all know the U.S goverment denys this place but where else could they be going ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

These are designated as “Janet” flights. They are indeed used for flights to shuttle workers back and forth between Area 51 and Las Vegas. They are isolated to a remote part of the field where there is a fenced off terminal with parking for 2000 cars. Strange stuff....

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the info chaps. Love to know what really goes on down there but no chance of that.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Hi the 737's are operated by 'EG&G Group' for the department of the airforce. There are 6, one (N4529W) is a 737-247, the other 5
(N5175U,N5176Y,N5177C,N5294E,N5294M) are ex USAF T-43A's. But don't ask too many questions about them!!!
Robert

Member for

20 years 11 months

I have seen these 732s at McCarran many times and wondered what they were

Member for

21 years 1 month

Extremely secure!!! Was at Red Flag in 92, 3 German tornadoes overflew the edge of the restricted area, they were sent home packing!!!! no second chance.