Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gulf air in the future

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ACA345
    • May 2003

Gulf air in the future

In a recent issue of Airlinerworld there was an article on Gulf Air, in the article there was mention that Gulf Air is looking at future fleet options. I would like to know what you think Gulf Air will do.

- In my opinion, i would like to see some A333's or some A340NG's in the new c/s
  • kurmitz28
    • Apr 2003

Gulf Air have 'borrowed' two A340 from SIA which have both been put in the new c/s. One of these currently flies the Singapore route, and this is the a/c I will be flying on in October.
    Mr James Hogan has recently been to Paris to discuss the new fleet strategy whioch covers a ten-year period, during which the airline intends to double the size of the present fleet to 60 aircraft. The introduction of regional jets into Gulf Air fleet, which presently comprises a mix of 30 aircraft from both Boeing and Airbus, is also under review. Using these a/c offered by smaller regional jets that accommodate between 70 and 100 passengers, will allow Gulf Air to operate higher frequency services on its already strong intra-Gulf network.
    In July G/A will get another A330 serving there short and mediam haul flights
    I will try and get the new reg numbers if you wish

Comment

• kurmitz28
      • Apr 2003

I dont think its a far off event. James Hogan has also looked at some Beoing a/c. Im not sure if its to compliment its excisting fleet of 767's for its new Gulf Traveller or to aquire some larger a/c for its planned route to Oz

Comment

• steve rowell
        Expat Geordie
        • Apr 2003

I can see them opting for the A340-600
        Best Regards Steve

Comment

• kurmitz28
          • Apr 2003

I would love to see the gold c/s on a A346, my personal favourite c/s on my favourite a/c. What more could I ask for?

Comment

• ACA345
            • May 2003

Thanks guys for your views on this subject, and by the way its good to know there are some A346 fans out there

But, a nice gold 777 would be nice! , anyway, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X