Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heathrow Terminal 5

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comet
    Belgian Beer Expert
    • Jan 2000

Heathrow Terminal 5

Does anyone have experience of using Terminal 5 at Heathrow? What is it like from the point of view of an enthusiast who likes to take photos from the departure area? All the official website goes on about are the usual transport links and boring things like shopping. I would rather spot than shop.
    2009 - the first year without any flights, the first year I lost a holiday, the first and last year I book the bloody Eurostar
    Louise
  • Agent K
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Comet View Post
    Does anyone have experience of using Terminal 5 at Heathrow? What is it like from the point of view of an enthusiast who likes to take photos from the departure area? All the official website goes on about are the usual transport links and boring things like shopping. I would rather spot than shop.
    Landslide is not so brilliant, airside there's some pretty decent views of the aircraft on stand. I use it weekly.

Comment

• nJayM
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jun 2008

What Agent K says is spot on.

On 'landside' when you enter Departures from the car drop off point, turn left towards the coffee bar you get some reasonable shots. But the best is on 'Airside' where you get some really good views of some of the 'stands'.
      Last edited by nJayM; 21st January 2016, 14:21. Reason: typo
      Jay

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X