Sabena Pic

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

I was browsing Yahoo yesterday and I saw this picture. Evocative memories of a once great airline, I think there are some Sabena fans on here, I thought they might like to see it. It looks like one from the TV or satellite channel or something.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

nice!:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thank you Edmund Halley, you have just displayed my Sabena Group home page photo!! I don't mind, I like the photo. It dates from around early 2001, one of the members of my Yahoo Group added it to my Group album in March 2001. It is taken from the Belgian television station RTBF (I don't know what the letters stand for, but it's the Belgian French language television station). It's from a news report, probably about the financial difficulties the airline was in at the time, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I just like the way the Airbuses are flying in formation, and it does bring back many memories of a great airline.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Very nice

Member for

20 years 9 months

Hey thats a nice pic! What does everyone think about the livery of Sabena?
Also what has happened to the aircraft of their fleet have they all been sold?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Comet thanks for that Site, very useful. Im glad that most of the aircraft are still around today.

Thanks.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Thx very much for that Comet

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thank Frank as well, he's the one who found the site for me.

Glad you like it, I was pleased to see that the Boeing 737s I had flown on with Sabena had been put back into service with other airlines.

Member for

21 years

Good one Comet, still a shame about what happened to Sabena.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The pic comes indeed from the news report.

Btw, RTBF stands for "Radio Télévision Belge Francophone" so, french speaking belgian radio - tv.

And... some Sabena planes are still on the ramp in Brussels (or were there one month ago)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by frankvw
The pic comes indeed from the news report.

Btw, RTBF stands for "Radio Télévision Belge Francophone" so, french speaking belgian radio - tv.

And... some Sabena planes are still on the ramp in Brussels (or were there one month ago)

Very interesting!!!!!

The aircraft in Sabena colours are some Airbuses, I have that from a reliable Belgian source.