Worlds Cheapest Bizjet Flight

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years 11 months

I recently flew on Beech Premier HS-KAC. Its operated by Kan Air in Thailand and they use it on scheduled services. For 990 baht or about 20 pounds i flew Bangkok Don Muang to U-Tapao a former US airbase not to far from Pattaya. During April it was operating the flights to U-Tapao but i have seen it operate Chiang Mai to Hua Hin and flights to Ubon. If you are ever in Thailand give Kan Air a call and see if its scheduled to operate any of their services. I am guessing this is the cheapest biz jet flight anywhere in the world ever!
Check out my video of the flight.....

Original post

Member for

8 years 11 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237181[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

8 years 11 months

With the flight operating from the mil side of Don Muang i got to taxi past RTAF C130's 748's, CT4's all sorts. Landing at UTP the whole TG A346 fleet is in storage plus other old airliners.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237201[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237202[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

8 years 11 months

Kan Air seem to use the Premier as some kind of promotional tool. New flight, new service, put the biz on the route and get some publicity. There were two pilots and five paying passengers and one staff member on my flight. I doubt i will ever get the chance to fly on a Bizjet again. 20 pounds/USD30 well spent!

Member for

15 years 2 months

Kan Air seem to use the Premier as some kind of promotional tool. New flight, new service, put the biz on the route and get some publicity. There were two pilots and five paying passengers and one staff member on my flight. I doubt i will ever get the chance to fly on a Bizjet again. 20 pounds/USD30 well spent!

Let's ay they make 8 of those flights a day ...it is 8 x 5 x 30 usd = 1200 usd...and in a month 36 000 $. I wonder if they brake even.

Member for

8 years 11 months

Kan Air are supposed to use an ATR72 on this route but as i understand it, the DMK-UTP sector only exists because first thing in the morning the ATR72 flies Don Muang to Mae Sot then back to Don Muang. Then there are a whole series of flights out of UTP to various domestic destinations for most of the day. So the Don Muang U-Tapao flight is really a positioning flight that you can buy a ticket on. At about 20:00 the ATR heads back to Don Muang to night stop for the early morning flight to Mae Sot the next day. The DMK-UTP sector may have limited demand on its own when you factor in getting to and from the airports and check-in it would have been quicker to take a minibus to Pattaya (UTP) for about GBP4/USD6.
Thats my reckoning from looking at their timetable. Full UTP ops don't seem to have started yet. I noticed on a Scramble log the Premier flew this route on the 28th April.

Member for

8 years 10 months

I recently flew on Beech Premier HS-KAC. Its operated by Kan Air in Thailand and they use it on scheduled services. For 990 baht or about 20 pounds i flew Bangkok Don Muang to U-Tapao a former US airbase not to far from Pattaya. During April it was operating the flights to U-Tapao but i have seen it operate Chiang Mai to Hua Hin and flights to Ubon. If you are ever in Thailand give Kan Air a call and see if its scheduled to operate any of their services. I am guessing this is the cheapest biz jet flight anywhere in the world ever!
Check out my video of the flight.....

The cheapest i flight i know is tiger airway which flies you from singapore to phuket for $68 SGD.http://www.tigerair.com/sg/en/

The distance from singapore to phuket is 1344km. http://www.distancemonk.com/Singapore/Phuket/15+hours+27+mins/1344.395/

which means you are paying only for 0.05 $ / km. I couldn't find any flight cheaper than this.

Member for

8 years 11 months

The cheapest i flight i know is tiger airway which flies you from singapore to phuket for $68 SGD.http://www.tigerair.com/sg/en/

The distance from singapore to phuket is 1344km. http://www.distancemonk.com/Singapore/Phuket/15+hours+27+mins/1344.395/

which means you are paying only for 0.05 $ / km. I couldn't find any flight cheaper than this.

Thats slightly different. A 180 seat A320 airliner is not bizjet. I still believe the Kan Air flight is the cheapest bizjet/private jet/exec jet (whatever you want to call it) flight in the world ever. Its still operating some of Kan Air's sectors now.