Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branson offers 1 million per Concorde

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ren Frew
    Taxi Rank User
    • Jan 2000

Branson offers 1 million per Concorde

Richard Branson has upped his offer of 1 per Concorde to a total of 5 million ( 1 million per BA plane). BA have reiterated their original intention to retire the planes to aviation museums in October.
    Go n-ithe an cat th, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !
  • T5
    T5
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2000

I think this whole ordeal just proves that British Airways are weak and cannot take a bit of competition.

If they cannot successfully operate such an expensive aircraft, Virgin being the only airline who have offered to purchase some aircraft, should be given the chance.

I've said it before - British Airways fear that Virgin will make a profit out of it, putting them to shame.

However, all places for Concorde aircraft (both AF and BA) have been announced and obviously it's tough for each of the airlines to withdraw the offers they have made to the various museums.
    Michael

Comment

• Ren Frew
      Taxi Rank User
      • Jan 2000

Have all the BA places been announced ? I thought it was still to be decided unless I've missed it.

Did the East Fortune Museum of Flight get a successful bid in ?
      Go n-ithe an cat th, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

Comment

• greekdude1
        • Jan 2000

Yesterday, I saw the AF Concorde parked at a remote location in IAD, soon to be put on display at the Air & Space Smithsonian's new branch at IAD.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X