AirAsia Airbus A320 gone missing

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years

An AirAsia Airbus 320-200 airplane carrying 162 passengers and crew from Indonesia to Singapore has gone missing on Sunday morning.
http://www.aviationanalysis.net/2014/12/airasia-airbus-a320-gone-missing.html

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

:apologetic:

Member for

11 years 6 months

Typically misleading and totally speculative headline!!:(

Member for

14 years 1 month

No worse than any of the TV news bulletins. They are just putting the weather forward as a possible cause.
Until the cause is found, people can only speculate. Whether it be in public or in private.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Yes quite so - but there is no
necessity to say anything and certainly nothing which adds anything to the reports we have all read about the weather conditions.

Member for

13 years

Charlie,

It's in the nature of people to speculate. There is little wrong with that. That is one of the reasons why we have a busy, active and interesting forum.

Member for

11 years 6 months

I partially agree although in general I find speculation in posts which appear here following accidents unhelpful and serving little constructive purpose.

In this specific case you or I could have made the same observation from the news reports of the prevailing weather. Informed speculation from those with knowledge and experience can be of interest, however.

Member for

12 years 4 months

Flight QZ8501 incident - Point of interests:

- The aircraft was exiting a surveyed airspace and close to enter another one
- The disappearance occurred less than one hour after TakeOff
- bad weather at alt resulted in the pilots to request climbing higher from 32 to 38kft due to weather (warm air)
- The plane had been flying the same route often before
- The request to climb was an unusual event.
- The pilots radio communicated just before the climb and then went silence
- The plane is owned 49% (sharing) by Malaysian capital group
- A French national was in the cockpit as the copilot (ex-Total employee)
- Plane destination was Singapore (from Indonesia's Surabaya)
- The plane had a deep maintenance approximately one month ago
- Company records are excellent

Source:
www.reuters.com
www.franceinfo.fr

As I have written before, a strong candidate for the cascade of events is a non OEM components swapped during maintenance that contains a non adapted battery.

Member for

14 years 3 months

At the end of the day its a discussion forum and thats the whole point of us all finding ourselves on here.

Member for

13 years 6 months

Attach is the search area and assets that are part of search operation so far. For the third days (today), they already enlarge the search area to 13 zone including inland Kalimantan (Indonesian Borneo).

Just in:
http://m.detik.com/news/read/2014/12/30/125637/2790007/10/tni-au-deteksi-10-lebih-serpihan-mirip-tangki-kuning-dan-peluncur-pesawat

From detik on line, sorry in Indonesian. Basically the Indonesian AF spot wreckage which some of them like plane undercarriage. Further identification being conducted by SAR nd Naval team that presently move to the spot.

Attachments

Member for

12 years 4 months

Have a look here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234195[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234196[/ATTACH]

A search aircraft has spotted debris 105 miles (169km) off Pangkalanbun, and they now sending a chopper for a clearer look, according to reports.

"These look like items that are not usually seen on sea surface," MetroTV cited Mr Dwi Putranto as saying.

The aircraft was flying 500 feet (152.4m) above sea level. A chopper would allow the team to get a better look.

Online discussion among pilots has centered on unconfirmed secondary radar data from Malaysia that suggested the aircraft was climbing at a speed of 353 knots, about 100 knots too slow, and that it might have stalled. [???!!??? - Edit from Myself]

The plane, whose engines were made by CFM International, co-owned by General Electric and Safran of France, lacked real-time engine diagnostics or monitoring, a GE spokesman said. Such systems are mainly used on long-haul flights and can provide clues to airlines and investigators when things go wrong.

Source:
http://www.straitstimes.com/
www.reuters.com

From AFP/Reuters

Attachments

Member for

13 years 6 months

Indonesian SAR agency Chief has confirmed the suspected debris/wreckage comes from AirAsia QZ8501. They also have found bodies.

Member for

11 years 6 months

They are reporting 40 recovered. Desperately sad.

Member for

16 years 1 month

Referring to post #5, we have this discussion every time there is an air crash.

I agree, Mr Green. Speculation is what a forum like this is all about. I find the speculation on here very measured, well-informed and well-intended and one of the reasons I keep coming is to participate in it. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a ghoulish nosey person but more a concerned aviation enthusiast.

It is very possible that weather brought down the aircraft. At least the flight recorders will be retrieved in this case and a definite cause will be found, giving a sense of eventual closure to the families.

Member for

12 years 4 months

Sonar detects wreckage from AirAsia Flight QZ8501 on sea floor

Indonesian searchers say sonar equipment has detected wreckage from AirAsia Flight QZ8501 at the bottom of the sea, a day after the first signs of debris were spotted.
It's still unclear whether the aircraft is in one piece of broken up, said Hernato, a search and rescue official who goes by one name.

Source:
cnn.com