Fao Saab2000

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Aurigny lease...

ATR 72 -211 147 OY-CIP Aurigny lsd from Cimber in full cs,small st,at LGW 16jun03 ex EI-CBC

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes, the Aurigny flight began on Monday to the South Terminal operating 3x daily. I saw it yesterday evening, full Cimber Air colours with a small Aurigny logo.
Thanks for the info EGNM....

Member for

24 years 3 months

The OY reg Aurigny Shed was in LGW today at about 1400. What was it doing there in the middle of the day?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Wysiwyg,
We had some stinking weather here yesterday, flights were cancelled because of a heavy fog that hung around all day. Could have been because of the weather? I suppose this was also the case for Jersey also in the event this was that this was the mail flight.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Of course, fog, how could I forget!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yet such a contrast yesterday to Thursday , it was blazing sunshine.

One of the Aurigny Shorts 360 (G-BPFN) has also had Aurigny.com titles painted on the aircraft with a small logo on the tail as well. Much better that the old G-BMLC.

http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/9/3/7/362739.jpghttp://www.airliners.net/photos/small/3/9/4/367493.jpg

Member for

24 years 3 months

So is the OY registered Shed the permanent second aircraft or just temporary until the possible ex-BAC Express one comes?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The other Shorts OY-MUG, has also had new titals put on though it has a revolting colour scheme.
Wysiwyg,
The OY Scan Con Shorts is just temporary until the 30th November.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is OY-MUG doing the mail while the ex-Loganair one does the passenger work?

Member for

24 years 3 months

I am not sure, it might alternate between the two.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I believe the reason for operating 2 Sheds is to avoid either becoming really tatty inside by constantly having to reconfigure them.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes, that is what I though was going to happen though both must be on passenger services during the weekend if you consider one is doing inter island and the other on charters from Jersey.

A bit confusing, I will have to find out what is happening though it is hard because the majority of mail cargo is from Jersey rather than Guernsey because we recieve Channel Express on the postal service instead so I don't know really what the cargo operation is like on Jersey.

Member for

24 years 3 months

There have been mutterings of Aurigny swiping the Guernsey mail/papers for a few years now. I can see it happening if Channex decide to ditch turboprop operations, which I believe is not out of the question.