BMI baby trip

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Just been to Cork for a few days. Got a very good fare from Manchester, two people for less than £40.00 rtn. Flew out on a Saturday flight was quite well supported, left more or less on time. Plane not too nice, looked shabby, needed re-painting. Seat pitch seemed not very generous, certainly not as good as Easyjet.

In fact Easyjet certainly had the edge over them I felt, there planes are generally newer, more leg room, and staff seem more proffesional. However im not moaning as it is a low-cost airline and my ticket certainly was that.

The flight home was late by about 45 mins, approx 50 passengers on board, similar service. Notices Jetmagic at cork who will be offering a Liverpool connection in the future may try them next time around.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

gud stuff glad to hear a report - i'm looking at taking that trip to cork in October, either that or Jet2 to prague with a bit of luck!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cork is a nice airport plus the city has a lot of atmosphere.

Member for

21 years

Actually Im not too keen on Cork airport, the baggage claim was unbelievably slow and the facilities are poor for quite a busy airport. However improvments are on the way as I saw a model in the terminal of what wil be !

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes, I remember hearing about the new terminal, air bridges and all.

To be honest I can't remember much of Cork. There was a good café and a Smokey bar looking over the tarmac then when you went through departures there is a largish tax free shopping area if I remember rightly. I though it was quite a pleasant airport though maybe things have changed or just my standards are low :p

Anyway, glad you had a good trip.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm thinking about a trip to Cork by air as it's one of my fave places in Ireland, my only downer in the past has been the driving time. It's a very laid back and vibrant city at the same time, also less tourist dominated than Dublin.

For £40, I don't care about the plane being untidy or whatever, as long as it's safe to fly then you can strap me onto the wing for all I care.

I think BA do a direct service from Glasgow and Aer Lingus via Dublin ? Hmmm..... I feel a bit of credit card bashing going on.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes Cork is very nice the atmosphere is really great. I also like Kinsale about 30 minutes out of the city, beautiful port and some nice pubs/restaurants as well as some other of the towns around the city. Although Dublin is the same as Cork, I found there were too many tourists as well plus the people were not as friendly though still a great city to visit. Getting in a tourist mood just thinking of it :p

Member for

24 years 3 months

The new terminal looks interesting...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Quite impressive, should help Cork's growth. I personally think Cork is underserved but hopefully that will change at current growth patterns. Another picture......
http://www.foundmark.com/AR/html/future/perps01b-sm.jpg

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by EGNM
gud stuff glad to hear a report - i'm looking at taking that trip to cork in October, either that or Jet2 to prague with a bit of luck!

If you're going in October do you fancy a meet up ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

that'd b a good idea, but unfortunatly i wouldn't b able to book unitl september time. I start work early Aug, as as well as having 2 hols to fund and driving lessons beforehand, i've to run a car and pay for a months accomodation before my first wage at the end of Aug, at the end of Spet i will see what the likes of Jet2, Easyjet, bmibaby and Ryanair are offering from Leeds/Liverpool/Manchester/Teeside a month or so before departing - i have several ideas of where to go - but not the funds to commit yet :(

Member for

24 years 3 months

No worries ! :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

thanks neway - we'll c closer to the time!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I don't have any firm plans, would just like to see Cork again and catch up with my Irish family and friends, so anytime would suit and a nice little flight would be good as well.

Member for

21 years

What was interesting while I was waiting at Cork Airport, was seeing a CSA 737-500 arrive from Prague, it overnights then heads back the following morning.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Did you see the new Jet Magic aircraft?

Member for

24 years 3 months

hmmm we may have to think here - rumours are rife of a new LBA-Knock lo-co service!. Rumours backed by a poll on the knock airport website. My main candidates would be Jet2 (being LBA based), but not sure about them attacking the Irish market, or Ryanair,who flew the route in the early 1990s with BAC1-11s. 3rd option i would say would b MYTLite as they fly from BHX, but i think thats about as likely as it gets.

Aer Arran aren't exactly lo-co are they?

Member for

21 years

Yes I saw two Jetmagic aircraft, they have quite a growing network. Will be seeing them in Liverpool in September as well.

Member for

24 years 3 months

yep i noticed that on the LPL enthusiasts site - another carrier to look forward to seeing when there! :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Bmi baby - And airline that goes from Cardiff cheap WOHOOO

Bloody Cardiff airport taxes are mad!
Rescently i went to florida and if i was to fly from Cardiff instead of Gatwick it would cost us £130 pp!