Luggage and Delta

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

Last year I flew Delta from LGW-CVG-MCO without any problems at all, then on the way home MCO-ATL-LGW we were on board a new 767-400 up from MCO and planned to board an MD-11. We then were about to clumber aboard when they asked people to offload for the next days flight, we gladly accepted and we got sent to the Ramada Inn south (this building had to of been against health and hygene laws). The next day we left Atlanta Business elite style in the reassurance that our luggage was safely underneath us. Well you can picture it, me and my mum are the last people still standing around the carousel at LGW looking pretty P****d off and my mum then went into a murderous rage. I feared she could of killed the poor girl behing the lost luggage desk.
We recieved our bags the very next day where the very nice delivery man told that Delta is their biggest customer for lost luggage.
We learn something everyday:D

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Never flown with Delta, but in my experience the LHR-MAN shuttle is truly awful for parting me with my checked luggage.

I've lost bags on several occassions with both BA and BMI. Last time, I flew LIN-LHR-MAN on BMI, and had a 3 hour wait in transit at LHR. Still, with all that time, they manage to loose my luggage.

It does annoy me massively, because I don't live in Manchester. I was staying overnight there, and catching another flight the next day to home. It took BMI 20 hours to repatriate my bags from LHR (and as usual, one of the bags was damaged).

Nowadays, I do not use LHR for long haul flights unless I have no alternative. The airlines (BA, BMI) have conspired to deny passengers the ability to connect, by this systematic loosing of luggage :mad: I also tend to take stuff on board with me, probably to the annoyance of the cabin crew!

Member for

20 years 11 months

It's not exclusive to Delta, iv'e had the same problem with American.