Some 747ns yesterday

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Some 747ns I took yesterday. First a KLM with Amsterdam in the background.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

An Emirates freighter

Member for

24 years 3 months

And a MK freighter

Member for

24 years 3 months

not the emerates replacement panel!

Have u tried to upload some of these to a.net roger - there well worthy of it! Keep em coming

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great photos, particularly fond of the KLM 747 attached to the pushback truck.

Anyone here tried KLM? My parents were all up for changing our Thai flights to KLM, travelling LHR>AMS>BKK. A bit stressful if you ask me, I just want to get to Bangkok. Flights were moderately priced at £435 return. Presumably would have been a 734 to Amsterdam and then a 744 about two hours later when the next flight departed.

Member for

24 years 3 months

KLM must make half their profit on connections! They are perpetualy Britain's 2nd choice for long haul travel, because of the very good, frequent and inexpensive flights to AMS from nearly every major UK airport.

I actually reserved a ticket with KLM yesterday, but cancelled it after 2nd thoughts. I was flying MAN-AMS-NBO-LUN but firstly it was operated by Air Kenya and 2nd there was a short layover in Nairobi. I didn't feel safe/comfortable with that, so I paid £50 more to fly direct from LHR with BA.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I saw an MK airlines one at Maston last week... in an all Metalic look.

Nice pics Roger... like the Emirates one best.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Michael, I've flown KLM on 2 different occassions, LAX-AMS-ATH. Mind you, these were back in '89 and '91, respectively, so that was a while ago. The service was good, comparable to a TWA, Lufthansa or United (don't recall if the food was as good as United's). Nowadays, I would definitely favor Thai over KLM, mainly because of my loyalty to the Star alliance. Back then, I had no choice!