New Boeing built in 3 days

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

The Boeing Co's proposed new 7E7 midsize jetliner, with seating for 200-250 passengers, could snap together in as little as three days, the head of the programme said on wednesday.
Using a combination of new technology, materials and production processes and unprecedented amounts of sub-contracting.
Boeing would slash final assembly times by between 75 and 90 percent said Mike Blair, Senior Vice President on Boeing's 7E7 project. In simplifying and offloading 7E7 production, Boeing planned to employ only 800-1,200 people to manufacture and support the project compared to thousands that would work on current planes the same size.

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Then they would have more time to make the other deliveries and have a higher output, well once the markets recover.

Member for

24 years 3 months

3 days?...i have to see this.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by KabirT
3 days?...i have to see this.

Yeah me too! Seems a little too fast?!? Take the Grolsh, you cant rush things.... brew it slowly for a fuller taste. :P lol :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

"New Boeing to be built in three days!"

That's nothing, I once built a Boeing 727 and a BAC 1-11 in an afternoon when I was twelve....:)

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 3 months

lol.... Im still building an A321 for Austrian Airlines... started JUST AFTER xMAS. :D:p