Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Malaysian Airlines B777

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of search location again ...
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Comment

Re 401
      Cking

....."after three weeks I'm sure..."

Why are you so sure that the phone service providers have checked their records? For my part, I am not so sure that they haven't.

Why haven't they confirmed one way or another? A simple statement - that is all that is required to put to bed yet another possible source of suspicion and cover-up. Note. I wrote possible.

Confirmation by the service providers, one way or another is very necessary.

Comment

Wasn't there reports earlier on about some passengers phones still ringing when relatives dialled? Didn't the phone company's issue some kind of statement then discounting the idea that the phones were working?
        There has been so much said in the last three weeks and quite a bit changed as well.

Rgds Cking

Rgds Cking
        Last edited by Deano; 5th April 2014, 23:18. Reason: COC RULE 14

Comment

Re 404

I've kept abreast of information distributed by most of the usual public sources but, I haven't read a single squeak regarding cell phone communications with the aircraft.

I rather thought that one at least of the cell phone service providers would have emerged to say:
          a) We know that attempts were made to establish contact from aircraft to relatives and friends but, they were unsuccessful. OR:
          b) No attempt that we could discern was ever made by any passenger on this flight to contact relatives or friends by use of cell phones. OR:
          c) In spite of the extreme range, there were several successful attempts made by some of the passengers to contact friends and relatives. We have been asked not to disclose the content of these messages. OR:
          d) This a/c was satellite enabled so that any passenger with the correct transceiver would have been able to contact friend or relative. As far as we know, no calls were made.

Any offical statement by one or more of the providers would have weakened the apparent mystery surrounding this disappearance.
          Last edited by John Green; 3rd April 2014, 16:15.

Comment

China's Search Vessel Picks up Pulse Signal in South Indian Ocean

http://english.cri.cn/6909/2014/04/05/189s820764.htm

Just breaking on CCTV. Reporter Ying Yiyuan who is on the Chinese vessel has just completed a report and revealed the coordinates as 25S 101E.

https://goo.gl/maps/HU0du

Comment

I wonder what frequency the sort of tags they put on migrating whales, operate at ?

Hopefully it wasn't just an echo from another search device.
              Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post
                Any Direct link?
                Here's one to the PPRune thread.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...-lost-465.html

I can't find the post on the sim test.
                They add about 20 a day to the thread...and it was several days ago.

Still it has more informed guesses (and less wacko conspiracy nuts) than anyplace else.

Also, note the hits to the thread..14.5 million.
                There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Hello,
                  Lat long given somewhere is S/25 by E/101(my aprox figures from memory).
                  Ship: Haixun 01.
                  see photo via Google search
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	haixun_01_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	3653063

Could some one cleverer than me please say whether the course of the "XUE LONG" on its way back up "north" crossed the position S25.00 +/- by E101.00 +/- ?

She is now here -

Name:	XUE LONG 5th April 14.jpg
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	3653067

and where she was on the 29th March.

Name:	XUE LONG 29th (2).jpg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	3653068

Alex
                  Last edited by Alex Smart; 5th April 2014, 20:42.

Comment

Another couple of pings heard - sounds encouraging but, of course, the information has to be treated cautiously if/until it is verified.

It the pings are from MH370, it would be an incredible stroke of luck.

Here's hoping, for the sake of the families.

Comment

I believe that some pings were heard at a second location, but if ships start picking up pings in different areas it makes them less likely to be credible. Something else which springs to mind is that the cockpit voice recorder only records the last two hours of the flight, and if we had a ghost flight, the events leading up to the change in course will not show up. Authorities are going to have to review the recording time, which is presently limited due to pilot union pressure.
                      sigpicHindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Comment

I must admit I was staggered when it was revealed that the cockpit voice recorder could only record the last two hours of the flight and even that was longer then is usual in the industry.

The technology has been available to record thousands of hours of audio for many years, my TiVo box can do it easily. They could probably record hundreds of hours of video for that matter with a device that takes up much less space then the current box. I can understand the pilot unions not wanting video but their resistance against longer audio seems perverse. There is no technical reason why an internal HD based recorder could not be used for every flight capturing all audio with a down load to a server every once in a while.
                        Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

Comment

I stand to be corrected but the pilots object strongly to longer CVR availability.
                          Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

Well it baffles me nevertheless, why should it be an issue when cockpit voice recorders are required? We have non stop flights from the UK to Australia that can take over 20 hours. It seems logical to record everything when flights are just that long!

If the pilots are not careful they might find cockpit video recorders forced upon them which I can understand as being maybe a stop too far in respect of privacy. The technology is here to capture all that information so even with the conservative nature of the industry when it comes to certain changes in technology I can't see the issue.
                            Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

Comment

Deano's point of view would interesting to read.
                              Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

I can understand pilots' reluctance to go any further with CVRs or any other enhanced form of cockpit surveillance, just as I can understand the case for having it.
                                I wouldn't want it in my classroom.

Comment

Who has the most interest in locating the plane and passengers? The Chinese. Who located a ping? The Chinese. Not wishing to propose any more conspiracy theories, but there must be a soupcon of suspicion there n'est pas?
                                  http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

Comment

Originally posted by 27vet View Post
                                    I believe that some pings were heard at a second location, but if ships start picking up pings in different areas it makes them less likely to be credible. Something else which springs to mind is that the cockpit voice recorder only records the last two hours of the flight, and if we had a ghost flight, the events leading up to the change in course will not show up. Authorities are going to have to review the recording time, which is presently limited due to pilot union pressure.
                                    If the plane suffered a fire in the frwd section, wouldn't it be plausible to see a dispersion of locators along its flight path. Could be interesting to plot all those signals on a map.

@Alex Smart: Did you get something near what you asked ?

@J Boyle : thx a lot. But the thread is huge and despite searching per date I wasn't able to plot what I was looking for.

Comment

Those reports of pinging -- encouraging, but not yet conclusive:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/06/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Comment

This is on BBC online news just now -
                                        MH370 searchers hear signals: As it happened
                                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26918398

Is it the break they have been hoping for....... Still a MYSTERY until further news develops.
                                        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                                          Well it baffles me nevertheless, why should it be an issue when cockpit voice recorders are required? We have non stop flights from the UK to Australia that can take over 20 hours. It seems logical to record everything when flights are just that long!.
                                          This is a rare incident where the cause of the crash started more than half an hour before the crash. To record every flight for it's entirety would be a waste of time and money. The pilots are scared that some operators would listen in on their "Off duty" moments. How would you like your boss or some sort of office administrator listen to every thing you say at work?

Rgds Cking

Comment

Working...
                                          X