Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Malaysian Airlines B777

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used iPads during all phases of flight...but how could an iPad affect the flight? It is not connected to anything, it just replaces 20 heavy books.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	3652876
    sigpicHindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Comment

What I am finding confusing is, so many sighting of objects by satellites and aircraft, and I haven't heard of anything
      being picked up. I know we are talking about vast distances, but I would have expected to have heard about the
      identity of some of the debris seen by now. There are a lot of ships in the area.
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

All the flotsam they are picking up is trash. The ocean is the worlds biggest garbage dump.

Comment

But that's the point. They haven't picked anything up yet, have they?
          Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

Various ships have picked up flotsam but none of it has been identified as coming from the plane. Like one bloke said, they can't deploy the hi-tech devices unless they can narrow down the search area. Finding the haystack. Airplane debris will considerably narrow down the search area.

Comment

I misunderstood. They haven't yet located any of the material pictured by satellite.
              Charlie

Comment

Ah right, I hadn't seen the reports of rubbish being picked up.
                Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Satellite imagery has not categorically identified any "aircraft debris", they have simply identified large and smaller objects in the ocean. As stated by others on the forum what has been recovered as yet seems to be flotsam and jetsam (rubbish).

Containers/damaged containers, etc fall off ships, and as already stated by others of the forum the oceans are the garbage dumps of convenience (sad but true).

We wait patiently, but as yet no positive debris from the aircraft has been identified or picked up.
                  Last edited by nJayM; 31st March 2014, 14:02. Reason: typos
                  Jay

Comment

Basically back to square one. And what we do know could be the starting criteria for several of the many conspiracy theories which are circulating.

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post
                      What do you mean? Not plausible or the other way ? It has been suggested here that a DC9 had a similar story
                      If there had been a nose wheel fire in the past there would be some protection system fitted. In the past 36 years I have been in the aviation maintenance industry I have never heard of an aircraft having a nose gear fire. Of the 30+ aircraft types I have worked, none of them had any form of nose gear over heat detection system fitted. Whilst I cannot say that there is no possibility of there being a nose wheel fire, it would be a first for me!

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post
                      Regarding the Hijacking scenario, I had in mind the PaperFree program

(reminder)

On a security basis it can been seen as a breach (especially if pads are not lockup after flight). There is also the concomitant facts that the Pilot was heavily committed to the web community.
                      You have lost me there. I don't understand this bit.

Rgds Cking

Comment

@CKing:

I do agree with you regarding the wheel fire. I just wanted to have another opinion since one poster pushed forward this possibility.

Regarding my remark on the Ipad and FreePaper program, it's just part of the speculative and parallel hijacking scenario. Nothing linked to the in-cockpit fire hypo.

And definitively a wrong speculation ("connected to anything" - Thx 27Vet !)
                        Last edited by TomcatViP; 1st April 2014, 00:17.

Comment

I think you will find reported debris is being found and identified as nothing to do with the aircraft in question . For example the orange objects talked about by the Australian PM Mr abbit turned out to be fishing related .

Comment

The oceans are floating garbage dumps. Stuff gets thrown overboard all the time from fishing vessels. Boats and ships sink all the time also, their flotsam only adds to the floating rubbish.

I doubt very much this plane or any part of it or it's passengers will be found any time soon.
                            Bmused55

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee.

My Blog
                            My Designs

Comment

The suggestions are that it could be a very long time before the mystery is solved - if indeed it ever is.

http://news.sky.com/story/1235091/mh...-the-long-haul
                              Charlie

Comment

MYSTERY - It has simply vanished - and that so far is all that we can state apart from useless paranoid conspiracy theories that aren't proven but being banded about..
                                Last edited by nJayM; 2nd April 2014, 09:35. Reason: typo
                                Jay

Comment

Precisely.
                                  Charlie

Comment

Transcript now released:

"A transcript of the final conversations between the control tower and Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been released.

MAS 370 (Kuala Lumpur to Beijing)

PILOT-ATC RADIOTELEPHONY TRANSCRIPT

Departure from KLIA: 8 March 2014

ATC DELIVERY

12:25:53 MAS 370 Delivery MAS 370 Good Morning

12:26:02 ATC MAS 370 Standby and Malaysia Six is cleared to Frankfurt via AGOSA Alpha Departure six thousand feet squawk two one zero six

12:26:19 ATC ... MAS 370 request level

12:26:21 MAS 370 MAS 370 we are ready requesting flight level three five zero to Beijing

12:26:39 ATC MAS 370 is cleared to Beijing via PIBOS A Departure Six Thousand Feet squawk two one five seven

12:26:45 MAS 370 Beijing PIBOS A Six Thousand Squawk two one five seven, MAS 370 Thank You

12:26:53 ATC MAS 370 Welcome over to ground

12:26:55 MAS 370 Good Day

LUMPUR GROUND

12:27:27 MAS 370 Ground MAS370 Good morning Charlie One Requesting push and start

12:27:34 ATC MAS370 Lumpur Ground Morning Push back and start approved Runway 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4.

12:27:40 MAS 370 Push back and start approved 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4 POB 239 Mike Romeo Oscar

12:27:45 ATC Copied

12:32:13 MAS 370 MAS377 request taxi.

12:32:26 ATC MAS37..... (garbled) ... standard route. Hold short Bravo

12:32:30 MAS 370 Ground, MAS370. You are unreadable. Say again.

12:32:38 ATC MAS370 taxi to holding point Alfa 11 Runway 32 Right via standard route. Hold short of Bravo.

12:32:42 MAS 370 Alfa 11 Standard route Hold short Bravo MAS370.

12:35:53 ATC MAS 370 Tower

12:36:19 ATC (garbled) ... Tower ... (garbled)

MAS 370 1188 MAS370 Thank you

LUMPUR TOWER

12:36:30 MAS 370 Tower MAS370 Morning

12:36:38 ATC MAS370 good morning. Lumpur Tower. Holding point..[garbled]..10 32 Right

12:36:50 MAS 370 Alfa 10 MAS370

12:38:43 ATC 370 line up 32 Right Alfa 10. MAS 370 Line up 32 Right Alfa 10 MAS370.

12:40:38 ATC 370 32 Right Cleared for take-off. Good night.

MAS 370 32 Right Cleared for take-off MAS370. Thank you Bye.

LUMPUR APPROACH

12:42:05 MAS 370 Departure Malaysian Three Seven Zero

12:42:10 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero selamat pagi identified. Climb flight level one eight zero cancel SID turn right direct to IGARI

12:42:48 MAS 370 Okay level one eight zero direct IGARI Malaysian one err Three Seven Zero

12:42:52 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Lumpur Radar One Three Two Six good night MAS 370 Night One Three Two Six Malaysian Three Seven Zero

LUMPUR RADAR (AREA)

12:46:51 MAS 370 Lumpur Control Malaysian Three Seven Zero

12:46:51 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero Lumpur radar Good Morning climb flight level two five zero

12:46:54 MAS370 Morning level two five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero

12:50:06 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero climb flight level three five zero

12:50:09 MAS370 Flight level three five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero

01:01:14 MAS370 Malaysian Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero

01:01:19 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero

01:07:55 MAS370 Malaysian...Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero

01:08:00 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero

01:19:24 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9 Good Night

01:19:29 MAS370 Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero"
                                    Charlie

Comment

I still say it was some form of mechanical failure that overtook the crew.. and i truly believe they are looking in the wrong area...
                                      Cheers,Peter
                                      "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Comment

The search was only moved to the southern ocean because of satellite pictures of debris. Since a complete blank has been drawn all bets might be on again. Perhaps that's what the statement was alluding to.
                                        Charlie

Comment

And the satellite owners calculations based on the last "ping"
                                          Whilst it is a big stormy, fast moving sea, I am still amazed that no debris has been found. No I'm not turning into on of the tin foil hat people. It is there somewere.

Rgds Cking

Comment

Working...
                                          X