LGW Shots of mine from this month.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Crapy shots again... I found the problem, its with the scanner... but anyhow heres goes. :)

5th of May 2003.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Another.

Member for

24 years 2 months

BY757 G-CDUP.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Garuda Indonesia 747.

Member for

24 years 2 months

NWA DC-10.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Virgin 747

Member for

24 years 2 months

Volare Web A320.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I thought they were good, and yes the scanner can be the cause of poor quality, but i dont see what your complaining about, at least you can say ' i took these'!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by robc
I thought they were good, and yes the scanner can be the cause of poor quality, but i dont see what your complaining about, at least you can say ' i took these'!

Exactly, well said robc. I've never really liked the policy of certain websites to only accept the best quality pictures such as on airliners.net and others, seems a bit snobbish to me.

Every picture tells a story regardless of the quality of your equipment. Lets see some more originals and not just those of the photographic experts ! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good job A330C. I like the blue colour on the bellies of the Thomas Cook livery. Does Garuda also fly into LHR?

Member for

20 years 10 months

I to like pictures that look like they are taken by 'normal' people as opposed to real professionals who spend loads on equipment. good job a330!

Member for

24 years 2 months

yep they'll do for me - i prefer seeing these originals - some are the case of been in the right place at the right time, or in the trade etc - as with Whiskey Deltas!

Keep em coming - can't wait til i get my scanner!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ta for all the nice comments. Just wish I had gotten a better scanner... I have the Packard Bell Diamond 1200 Blue. Which is giving me dark shots as you can see. I have been told that Epsom Scanners are worth looking into?

Once again, thanks for all the nice comments. Next week im off on me Hols, to "Lovely" Hastings! I will be travelling to Lydd Airport and Manston. Hopefully I will get a few nice shots from each, now I have a new camera. But still they will still be dark on the scanner output!

When I have time and I can be bothered I will look into my scanner properly. :)

P.s... GD1 no Garuda dont fly into LHR, but Im not sure if they used to?

Member for

20 years 10 months

To avoid the scanner problem get a digital cam, not a ceapo one tho, a high qaulity, good zoom and youll never have to deal with the scanner, but its a question of money

Member for

24 years 2 months

I just forked out £300 this week on an SLR camera... do you think for that money I could have gotton a decent digital zoom cam?

Member for

20 years 10 months

No not quite, I believe they go for around 800 quid there abouts...quite a bit, but should get a lot cheaper in the coming years...

Member for

24 years 2 months

Andy.

The pics I've posted are taken with a Fuji2800Z which I believe is one of the cheaper digitals. I'm not very good with all this technology so every shot I've taken has been on auto. It's ok with a decent zoom but you have a delay between pressing the button and taking the picture. No good for shots like your 747 sunset or your PIA 744, unless they're coming straight at you or going away.

I echo everyone else's sentiments. Your pictures are fine. They encapsulatre a moment that you have witnessed, and without two or three grands worth of equipment.

Here's a lucky catch of an SN Brussels RJ leaving runway 15 at BHX.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 2 months

And an Air2000 flight just turning in towards the terminal at BHX.

By the way, have a good holiday.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

21 years

a330....

these are fantastic pictures mate, congratulations. I like the A330 Thomas Cook picture, I dont know, but the A330 is perhaps the best looking aircraft.

Also the black A320 VolareWeb.com.. emmm, I believe they could have used much better colours on that poor A320. It looks like a crow. US AIRWAYS has black in its livery but I believe it suits on the aircraft.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The USAirways colours are not black, but in fact, a dark navy blue.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Kev and CypriotEagle, cheers for the comments, much appreciated. :)

I-PEKP, the Volare web a320, the colours on that are Navy Blue too, but because my scanner does dark prints, it looks black.