BA777 MJV-LTN England Team

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Watched the England Football Team touch down on the runway at Luton this afternoon in a British Airways B777 from Murcia.

Very beautiful aircraft!

Original post

Member for

21 years

Why do they always use Luton for the football teams?

Member for

24 years 2 months

777? how come that shower of muppets get a 777 for a golfing trip to La Manga while we get a ****ing 146 for a European final?

BA, sort out your priorites, ffs! :mad:

Member for

24 years 2 months

As Mark L says, why always Luton?

They are playing in Leicester for the next friendly, I was hoping they may use EMA instead but seems not!

Member for

24 years 2 months

They only use Luton Airport because of its blatant sex appeal. Come on! Anyone can see that :rolleyes:

Now - that's sarcasm!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

i presume (shout at me if i'm wrong) because LHR is too central from many of the players (who live out in the countryside), LGW too far South, and Stansted too far East!

Luton is still in the south (where many players and most of the officials live, and is kinda ideal for links for players from the North - can't c the prob with EMA tho - suppose the officials might

Bhoy - You should know that little scottish teams who play in leagues with one competitor aren't gonna get much to go to spain in! In fact why didn't the management choose to HIRE, yes PAY for something better than a 146 to make you happy!

ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND...

(p.s. now i've opened a can of worms hehehe)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Which league with only one competitor was decided before the final day of the season, the oh-so-exciting, all singing, all dancing, Premierboat (or ship, whatever you want to call it) or the oh-so-boring, only one team in it, Premier League?

:P :P

Member for

24 years 2 months

Bhoy,

We're all off to Sunny Spain, ¡E viva España!

Shouldn't that say: we lost in sunny spain!!!!!!!!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

nah, 75'000 travelling tims were a credit to the club in sunny spain.

The biggest mass migration for a club match in football history.

The Bhoys done us proud, but this is an avaition forum, so I won't start off at a tangent again... (like in the UEFA schedule thread)

c'moan ra hoops!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think the aircraft is a little on the big side to carry a football team. An A319 or A320 may have been better.

Bhoy, congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by Bhoy
nah, 75'000 travelling tims were a credit to the club in sunny spain.

Here here! - I'l agree with you on this one - not only a credit to the club but a credit to the country - unfortunatly a minority of our "Fans" sorry thugs, give every football supporter in England a bad nice, time and time again...

Member for

20 years 10 months

Simple

The easy answer to which airport and aircraft type is it's a charter.

Like any other charter, the charterer (or in this case team) ask for a particular aircraft to fly to/from particular airports and if the airline can do it, they do.

1L

Member for

20 years 10 months

I believe they use Luton as near to the training ground and meeting point for the players. God knows why, the airport is a mess. May be good if it is ever completed.
I guess BA would be prepared to fly anywhere to pick the England team up just for the publicity

Member for

24 years 2 months

The England team train at Bisham Abbey near Marlow. Its approx 20 mins drive to Heathrow.

Member for

24 years 2 months

...but you're never going to get a charter slot into Heathrow, it's just too scheduled up.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think England have used LHR before.

I know that for certain types of charter, slots are no problem (the PM, Royal/VIP flights, I remember England returning from Japan last summer for example).

Presumably BA is persaded to throw its weight around, for a big enough charter fee.

Member for

21 years

Yeah, the BA 777 left from Luton to Japan, and came back into Heathrow at the end.