My LHR pics.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Now they are not at all what I thought they would turn out like... Basically I think they are sh*t! :(

I was looking forward to having a few decent Photos, but they all are so dark! Hopefully now that I have my new camera, things will change.

Anyhow, these were the best from the first batch... Sorry people. :(

PIA 747-300 AP-BFU

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

SAA 747-300 ZS-SAT, parked outside the BMi hanger for the day.

Member for

24 years 2 months

BA 747 Coming into land on the Northern Runway, being chased by a storm, whcih never amounted to anything! Just a short shower.

'Chelsea Rose'

Member for

24 years 2 months

Something Different, the LHR fire trainer. This is the best pic I could get of this aircraft, as it is behind the gates. Still it does show that its got a bit of a 747 and a bit of an MD-11/DC-10 in it. :)

Nice Green! :p

Member for

24 years 2 months

And Finally, BA747 landing into the Sunset, on the southern runway.

Once again I appolgise for the quality, and the darkness in each photo. Hopefully My Manston snaps will be a bit better?!? Finger crossed.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I liked the PIA one...good work Andy!:)

Member for

24 years 2 months

n/m Andy - interesting nethertheless - cheers!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry I'm showing my thick side... whats n/m?

Member for

24 years 2 months

never mind ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good job Andrew, no apologies needed.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well done, they're more interesting than the usual a.net stuff.

I've seen the green fire trainer a lot - much better than the mouldy rotten ravaged Trident they have at MAN.

Member for

21 years

The last one 'BA in the Sunset' is excellent. mmitch/

Member for

24 years 2 months

Andrew.

Have to agree with mmitch. That last one is a great picture. Really moody. Mongu's right about the airliners.net pictures. Most are taken by professional photographers using professional equipment. I like to see other people's efforts. So well done. The first would have been a cracker as well were it not for the unfortunate placing of a lamp post. Damned inconsiderate these councils.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 2 months

Interesting pics and certainly a change from the usual a.net angles. If you want to improve on them, then

- use a less grainy (i.e. less sensitive) film, e.g. Fuji Superia 200,
- position yourself with the sun in the back,
- set the light-metering on your camera to measure in the center only (avoids dark planes against a bright sky),
- work a bit on your scanning techniques; learn to apply the unsharpen mask and adjust contrast etc.

The forum at jetphotos.net is excellent for learning, better than at a.net.

And by the way: Professional equipment is no guarantee for a good picture!

Member for

20 years 10 months

i thought they were very nice pictures good job a330!

Member for

24 years 2 months

A good selection there, Andrew. As Mongu says, they're certainly better than the Airliners.net ones and it's once again, great to see yet more work of the forum people.

I'm buying a digital camera to take on holiday with me at the end of June. Hopefully I'll try to capture some Asian-Aviation in Thailand. We arrive there at 3pm in the afternoon, so I may get some nice Thai 747s, A330s and maybe even Bangkok Airways 717s. I'll have to check I am not breaking the law first though. I don't want them to cut my hands off or do something equally as grim!! :D

Smashing work..!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for all the nice comments people. Appreciate it! :) Kenneth thanks for the tips.

I was facing away from the sun, but using a Kodak Gold 36 exposure film. The film that you speak of, how much roughly are they each?

I have also come to the conclusion that my Scanner is crap! I think thats half the problem that they are coming out really dark... I need to fiddle a lot more with the colour and contrast on each pic.

Ah well, at least I got some snaps... There are more to come when their developed, of Concorde, GF330 and others which I can't remember.

Thanks again all. :)