Quick Answer needed... thanks

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Anyone had any experiance of the Nikon F55 SLR camera... I need to know what its like with =n the next hour or so, as Im off to buy one today... a proper camera...FINALLY!

Cheers to anyone who can help.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I haven't used it but it looks similar to my Canon EOS 500n. Canon and Nikon do similar ranges actually with most photographers choosing one camp or the other. A bit like Boeing V Airbus actually.

From the F55's spec it looks like it has a number of auto modes as well as manual and should produce good pictures for you. I don't know what lens comes as standard, probably a 28 or 30mm, zooming to around 80mm ? These are good for shots when you can get close to the subject. If you can afford it, try for something that zooms to around 300mm more or less, as this will let you get decent plane shots from those all to often, too far away vantage points.

There are quite often, two lens set deals available with these types of SLR cameras at a lot of retailers, so it pays to shop around.

Happy snapping and looking forward to seeing your first shots :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I GOT IT!!!!!! yay! stnd. 30-70mm lens, but also has a 70-300mm lens included.

I got it for £299.99, not bad. It was marked down from £349.99, so £50 saved, im not complaining! Manston, Lydd and Fairford, watch out cos here I come! :p

Cheers for your help Ren.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey, have fun with it. I am going to buy a new camera shortly as well. It will be a digital because I am getting rather sick of the high cost of developing photos here.

I'll probably go for the Sony F717. I have seen some photos on the web made by this camera and am wel impressed. I even received an unedited (no photo shop) photo from someone. Even that's better than my current camera!