Embraer 170 Pic

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

What does everyone think of the Embraer 170, i happen to like it a lot, but the only thing i dont like is the wheels are exposed when retracted.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is this the one that was at Farnborough last year?

Not a bad looking aircraft.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Im not sure what the register # of that one was so i cant be sure, but i think they only have one going to the airshows.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Really cosy indeed. I hope the cabin section be "human" in terms if space.

Member for

20 years 11 months

You mentioned cabin space, well heres a pic of it nad the seats look comfy.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Looks great. The main problem with regional aircraft is racks...usually over the passengers heads, which seem to be falling on them. But this time, the dimensions look OK. I find carrying baggage to the cabin, a bad habbit. I do hate people taking those trolleys, and setting them over my head. Airlines should definitely forbid them. In case of sudden turbulence, hard landing this things could be very dangerous of falling down. I myself almost had a severe head injury in a rough landing due to one of this trolleys. Besides, in case of evacutation, people tend to get them and bock exits and aisles. Airlines are just walking on the knife edge, only for not annoying irresponsible passengers. One day, people will die because others will want to take their bellongings out in a crash.

Member for

21 years

It's a beautiful looking aircraft with a good sized cabin, particulaarly in terms of height. I intend to try and fly on it shortly after it's release into airline service. I heard that it isn't likely to enter service until early 2004 due to Swiss asking to delay delivery, can anyone confirm this?

Member for

24 years 3 months

I love this aircraft! Very sleak. Yes T5 this was the one that was at FAB last year, except on the public days! :mad: grrrrrrrrrrr.

Can't wait to see it. Nice pics!

Member for

24 years 3 months

yup...will look great in 9W colours.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A perfect example (in miniature form) of what Boeing should have made the NG 737 into.

Member for

24 years 3 months

This is what the 7E7 will look like but only bigger, the nose looks sorta the sam anyhow.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by martin_EGTK
It's a beautiful looking aircraft with a good sized cabin, particulaarly in terms of height. I intend to try and fly on it shortly after it's release into airline service. I heard that it isn't likely to enter service until early 2004 due to Swiss asking to delay delivery, can anyone confirm this?

Well, LX have deferred their deliveries till next year, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Alitalia has now taken on the 'launch customer' mantle, and will start operating them this autumn.

Member for

24 years 3 months

what i want to know is will the engines of the 170 give the desired performance?