Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Event Above Tonbridge

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrtotty
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2008

Strange Event Above Tonbridge

Last night, at about 2030, I walked outside and noticed a four-engined airliner approach from WSW, perform a sort of sharp loop turn and go back in a similar direction, all the time maintaining a cruising altitude of about 39,000 feet. The aircraft left a very distinctive contrail.

I tried to find the aircraft on FlightRadar24, but couldn't. Does anyone know what might have gone on? Could it have been a military aircraft?
  • EGTC
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2009

I noticed a few contrails over my area that were not the usual routes! I then found out there was a Bombardier Sentinel or two flying around down Oxford way and so imagined it was that around here too. Perhaps down your way you had an AWACS?
    Y.N.W.A

Comment

• Moggy C
      • Jan 2000

Chem trails!

We are all doomed.

Run!

Moggy
      "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• mrtotty
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2008

Many thanks to you both. An AWACS (B707-based?) sounds the most likely.

Comment

• Giblets
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Mar 2008

Ditto above Bristol, a bit high to tell on engines, aproach the area from the North West, turned south, followoed by a U-turn to North, then (about the same point it had turned south) it turned North East, approx 7.30pm.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X