Great photo opportunity

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Don't know if anyone's interested but I've just been called out to fly a 757-200 G-FCLC from Lasham (near Basingstoke) to Gatwick this afternoon. There is a gliding club at Lasham that pulls off all its gear from the runway to let us depart so it's possible to get some great photos from right alongside the runway! I have to report at Gatwick at 1400 local time for a 1430 taxi which I imagine will have us at the maintenance base at about 1600. It will take us half an hour or so to prep the aircraft (it has just had an engine change) before departure although these times are only a guesstimate. I won't get the chance to meet up with anyone but this is probably the closest you can get to an airliner on take off.

regards
wys

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Wys. Sadly haven't got the time to get down to Lasham, as its to far away and I have no transport. If possible and if you have time, assuming that you will be back on the forum later this evening, could you tell me whats at Lasham... commercial wise etc. I am going to lasham next month, as its on the way to where Im going on holiday.

Many thanks mate, appreciate it. :) Have a good time this afternoon.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanx for the info wys , a bit too far away from ORY ... :(

Member for

24 years 3 months

i think i can make it!:p

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sounds like a brilliant oppertunity though!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sounds quite a thrilling experience and not one you're likely to see all to often. I suggest checking Airliners.net in a few days and I guarantee there will be a photo on there...

...well, I can't guarantee! :confused:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sounds good, would have enjoyed that... Thanks for the info Wys all the same.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi everyone. It was an interesting afternoon out.

Parked up at Lasham were -

737-300 G-XMAN painted all white
737-200 VP-CSA
3 DHL 727-100 freighters (OO registered) which I was told would probably be robbed for spares
1 private 727 with winglets. The owner has apparantly decided to trade up for a widebody. The gold cheat lines on the side of the fuselage were originally real gold until the aircraft had a lightning strike and the conductivity of the gold caused problems!

While we were preparing to depart the first Titan 757 arrived followed by a private 727 VP-BAA.

Hope this info helps someone!
regards
wys

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes Wys.... it helps me! :) I know what to look forward to seeing when Im off down there next month! Some interesting aircraft... especially the private 727 with the winglets... which i have seen a pic of on airliners.net. Very nice I must say! :D

Cheers Wys!