Aspiring ATP Pilot-with A Blog

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 6 months

Hi guys!

I now have a total of 37 hours in the sky and going on my cross-country solo as soon as the weather allows it!

I am a typical aviation freak like the rest of you guys im sure, I have always wanted to fly etc and only this year (at age 26) I can say that I am successfull in my workplace and able to fund the training by my self!

I have a blog now too perhaps you guys can go and have a look. Its basically an online diary for myself to keep track of my journey. I'm quite new at the whole blog thing (so don't expect too much). I wish there were similar blogs out there (which I am sure there is) for those of us who all dream of flying! Its uber interesting to read about and see each other's journeys!

Newest posts are at the top and as you scroll down you go back in time.

If anyone has any tips for me for my PPL Flight Test don't hesitate to contact me!

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

well....the very, very best of luck to you.....

best tip I can give ...... learn manderin......could be the only place left to work !

Member for

11 years 6 months

Thank man I will take all of the luck I can get. And Mandarin is like crazy hard to learn as well. Things we might have to do to live our dreams...

Member for

20 years 8 months

usaf

I made a blog on here when I was doing my Commercial Pilot's License. You can have a read and see what you have in store, but bear in mind this is JAR land (now EASA) and yours will be FAA based I assume?

The blog can be found here

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63629

All the very best of luck.

Dean

Member for

11 years 6 months

Hi there Deano!

Thanks a ton for the link I have bookmarked and will be reading very soon! I was my CPL would be FAA based! South Africa has their own license type so I will need to get some sort of conversion when and if I fly overseas :(

Member for

20 years 8 months

No problem at all, if you have any questions etc feel free to ask away. Yes you will need to convert your license should you wish to fly non "N" registered aircraft abroad.

Good luck.

Member for

11 years 6 months

No problem at all, if you have any questions etc feel free to ask away. Yes you will need to convert your license should you wish to fly non "N" registered aircraft abroad.

Good luck.

Oh you bet I would! Hope I don't harass you too much :) You must just say when I must leave you alone.

I haven't flown in 2 weeks now and starting to get very restless, weekends the weather is horrible and during the week its gorgeous!

Have you not thought about documenting your CPL experience in the form of a blog?