poll

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

the mighty DC10 the best plane ever built:)

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Re: poll

Originally posted by steve rowell
the mighty DC10 the best plane ever built:)

nope

Member for

24 years 3 months

Nah..... Tristar! :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Initial DC 10 problem was the rear cargo bay door i think.

Member for

21 years

Re: poll

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve rowell
the mighty DC10 the best plane ever built:) [/QUOTE
HELL NO]

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think the B747 is the best plane ever built......took economical traveling and ai traveling to a next step.

Member for

24 years 3 months

As neither the DC10 or Tristar are Soviet in origin I have no axe to grind either way, but I personally prefer the DC10. Have flown on both types. Which ever way you cut it the sales totals for both types tell the story.

Member for

24 years 3 months

But there were many more DC10s!

Member for

24 years 3 months

At leeast a third, similar incident arrived with an UTA DC-10, If I remember somewhere over africa...

Member for

24 years 3 months

But overall the DC10s safety record compared to the numbers in service and duration of the types operation is no where near the industrys worst. Personally I would'nt hesitate to fly on DC10 and have done many times. I never felt unsafe on one. Please correct me if I am wrong, but more people have probably perished on Boeing 747s over the years than on DC10s

Member for

24 years 3 months

There are 3 times as many 747's of all series than there are DC10's and MD11's. In both the Paris and Chicago accidents, the initial problems weren't the fault of the aircraft. As mentioned, in the Paris crash, the rear door wasn't closed properly, thus opening in mid flight. In the Chicago accident, the plane had just come off maintenance and the No.1 engine wasn't mounted properly, thus severing from the wing on takeoff. Granted lack of mulitple reduncy further escalated each problem, but the problems themselves were not the fault of the respective aircraft. I flew on DC10s where they were near 30 years old, and I wouldn't hesitate doing so. They just got a really bad rap in the 70's when those accidents happened. I do prefer the L1011, however, as the No.2 engine looked much better. The L1011 also happens to be my favourite airliner of all time. Still like the DC10, though.