Bra Bra Bra

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

A bit of a long shot this one, but does anybody know what a BRA 737(Brazilian Regional) was doing at Blackpool Airport UK on the 11th of this month. Curiosity is killin the cat

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

must be there for maintanence.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by Matthew Murray
Why would they send a 737 all the way from Brazil? I would say it might fly onwards for parting out..hmm..

Thats no big deal...there are lots of companies for aircraft maintanence in UK. When Air Sahara aircrafts need a big maintanenece over-haul they also head towards the UK.

Member for

24 years 3 months

This Aerolineas Argentinas was one of a batch overhauled and repainted by BA maintenance for the airline at Glasgow.

Member for

24 years 3 months

but it still has a UK reg - u sure this was not on its delivery down to the south americas?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yip, I meant to say that. It was one of a batch of ex-BA 737's when pictured, but at least one has been back to GLA since for maintenance.

Member for

21 years

I don't think it was there for maintanance as Blackpool is only a very small airport with no maintainance facilities for aircraft of this size.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by Ren Frew
Yip, I meant to say that. It was one of a batch of ex-BA 737's when pictured, but at least one has been back to GLA since for maintenance.

maybee some type of warrenty on the a/c?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Leased to Euro Atlantic Airways (PR-BRE) probably operating a charter.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Euro Atlantic as in the Portuguese L1011 Tristar operator?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yup, the Portuguese operator. Ex-Air Atlantis (CS-TIG) went to TAP then to BRA in 2001. Now with MMZ for the summer season though still with Brazilian registration. Was operating a Blackpool to Sorrento and Capri charter (Naples I would think).

Member for

24 years 3 months

Very interesting that its operating through the summer, hope to see it at a few other UK airports maybe?

The Euro Atlantic Tristar is currently operating the MAN flight for BWIA so they're quite regular in the UK at the moment.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Operating the Faro flights.

Member for

21 years

Curiosity cured, Euro Atlantic Airways,cheers Adrian.
Is their base at Manchester?

Member for

24 years 3 months

no they are based in portugal not sure if its Lisbon or Faro tho - presumably not Porto tho?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Lisbon Portela.

Member for

21 years

Hence the South American Connection. Didn't the Portugese colonise that part of the Americas or was that the Spanish(I'm one of the less intligent).:rolleyes: .Cheers EGNM and Adrian

Member for

24 years 3 months

i think brazil is portuguese speeking and not spanish - although dont count me on that one

n/p with the help - anytime

Member for

24 years 3 months

Brazil was a Portuguese colony and its official language is Portuguese. Just have to look at TAP's niche routes to see the influence. Portugal also colonised Macao in China and Goa in India. The rest of South America is mainly Spanish speaking like Chile, Mexico etc, however, there are a few different former colonies. Guyana was British, Suriname Dutch and French Guiana well....