Air Bridges at Liverpool

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Liverpool Airport will have a number of air-bridges out to the aircraft. They are being constructed now and although they are not like the moveable types which fix to the aircraft, they will afford more protection from the elements, than what is available at present. Will come in useful for the winter months !

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Carl - welcome bak!!

from August i should be seeing a lot of the movements at LPL as i'm off over there to work! so keep us informed of the happenings like you used to!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Good news, like you say, they will be useful in the winter months - when it is cold and raining.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great. Liverpool airport is getting really cosy and nice.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Let me guess, they'll only be used for Easyjet?

All the other airlines park away from the terminal.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Carl can probably expand on this news as well from Aviation News.

As work starts on the further £26m expansion of Liverpool airport to increase terminal capacity from 3m to 4.5m, designers are already planning a further capacity increase to 6m and enable to allow the airport to handle more freight traffic. Amoung the future plans are improved rail links with Liverpool city centre, bigger apron areas, extra car parking and a freight village.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I went to LPL the other week for an interview - boy was i impressed with the new terminal! i cant wait to see it expand

Member for

21 years

I dont know which carriers will use the air-bridges, but i guess it would be the jet operators.

Member for

24 years 3 months

What's the Ryanair presence like there now? - it was Easyjet city last time I was there.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mongu, isn't LPL one of your 'favourite' airports? Or is it just the name that you adore?

Member for

21 years

Ryanair only operate Brussels and Dublin from Liverpool I think.
Also BA's ATP's come right up to the terminal as well, but as I don't quite understand what you mean by a "Non-Moving Air Bridge" I'm not sure whether they will be using them or not.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by greekdude1
Mongu, isn't LPL one of your 'favourite' airports? Or is it just the name that you adore?

True, the renaming got me in a spin!

Member for

21 years

Yes FR fly to Dublin 3/4 times per day and a daily service to Brussels which is operated by a 737-800. More expansion is expected from them as they signed a ten year agreement recently and promised all sorts, or is that the Ryanair way !!!

The air bridges would be something like a static corridor type of affair out to the apron, it will apparently allow more simultaneous flight loading.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I suppose they will available for everyone. But essentially Easyjet will use them. Most of the other regular operators except charters and Ryanair, can´t use them since use propeller planes which don´t fit at the bridges.