jetXtra.com...?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Does anyone know anything about this outfit, called jetXtra.com?

Apparently they are looking to start flights to Malaga and Palma from Humberside on 01/06/12.

The only thing is they've already got into a legal battle with Jet2, who have got solicitors to write to them stating that they are "passing off" as them, and so they want the jetXtra name dropped.

http://www.jetxtra.com/

http://www.jetxtra.com/News3.html

You can also read the letter that the solictors sent to them by scrolling down to the bottom of the news article.

The interesting thing I notice about it, the Director of jetXtra.com is a Mr Daniel Reilly...is/was he not the person who attempted to start-up Nexus Airways from Liverpool, serving the Canary Islands?

Original post

Member for

13 years 7 months

So it's an airline with "Jet" in the name ? How dare they do this ?
So are Jet2 going to sue Jet Airways and Jetstar while they are at it ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not to mention Easyjet, Atlas Jet, Windjet, and so on:rolleyes:

Member for

12 years 2 months

Jetxtra has evolved since the early days of Nexus airways

Member for

19 years

There is no substitute for experience! ;)

Member for

12 years 2 months

True, although the ABTA license was withdrawn last time, the operation from Hull instead of Liverpool should be a success.

Member for

12 years 2 months

Just a shame aren't flying from more airports, no card fees and baggage included is such a bonus for holidaymakers!

Member for

12 years 2 months

If they jet2 think jetxtra are giving up without a fight they are wrong they only registered the name jet2xtra.com and .co.uk on the 13th of Jan 2012 I checked the whois registrar. Its a joke they just want Jetxtra taken out of business and gain a load of free publicity in the meantime. Not happy about the situation. If it ends up at the high court so be it I guess. Just hope as a company jetxtra benefits from the free publicity.

Member for

12 years 8 months

Jetxtraman,

I wondered who is going to be operating your flights for you - presumably it isn't going to be Jetstar, as suggested by your link?

Member for

12 years 2 months

We are using a carrier through the ctt group. It is hard to pay over 1 grand for a website and another 20 grand on livery or uniforms for our own staff so all subcontracted out. Thanks for your concerns.

jetXtra.com sales temporarily suspended due to Jet2.com legal threats

jetXtra.com have today been told to temporarily halt any further sales under the jetXtra.com brand by the Civil Aviation Authority, owing to the legal threat by the leisure airline; Jet2.com.

On Monday 16th January 2012, solicitors acting on behalf of the airline Jet2.com contacted jetXtra.com to ask that the name jetXtra.com was surrendered to them, this was due to the company believing members of the public would be confused or misled over the two brands. jetXtra.com replied to Jet2.com's solicitors on Thursday 19th January 2012 to acknowledge receipt of their letter and to deny their request.

Jet2.com are now considering their options including conducting research into any customer confusion.

However despite this calm between the storm, jetXtra.com have now been told by the United Kingdom's Civil Aviation Authority; the Governments regulatory body for aviation, that until a decision is made by Jet2.com in relation to any legal proceedings, the jetXtra.com trading name will not be allowed on to the ATOL licence of CTT Group and will as a result have to stop selling tickets under the jetXtra.com brand.

Daniel Reilly, Director for jetXtra.com commented: "We are naturally incredibly disappointed by this decision. We are a newcomer attempting to do our bit for much needed job creation and inward investment in this country, so to be hit with this at the most crucial time for our business and of course one of the busiest times of the year for summer holiday bookings, is a massive blow."

"The decision would appear to be a kneejerk reaction by the Civil Aviation Authority, as our legal team have informed us that until such time that an injunction was granted, or there was a court ruling in Jet2.com's favour, that we are free to continue trading as jetXtra.com. We will be appealing this decision as soon as possible in the hope that we can recommence sales under the jetXtra.com brand without too much of a loss to our business."

Customers will still be able to check flight prices on the jetXtra.com website, however bookings will not be able to be made. Any customer that has already booked with jetXtra.com should not be concerned as this decision to temporarily halt trading under the brand name will not affect their booking, or financial protection offered under the CTT Group ATOL.

jetXtra.com will provide an update to this situation as soon as possible.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I wondered who is going to be operating your flights for you - presumably it isn't going to be Jetstar, as suggested by your link?

According to Wikipedia (if you look on the page for Humberside Airport!), reference is made to the flights being operated by AlbaStar, a charter airline based at PMI, which operates 737-400's.

http://www.albastar.es/en/

Really sorry to hear that JetXtra.com have had to stop taking bookings for the time being. Whilst I know it's a dog-eat-dog industry, threatning a start-up business with potential legal action simply because they think that people might get "confused" as to who they are booking with really is quite unnecessary.

I could possibly understand a bit more if Jet2.com were already offering flights from HUY, but they're not.

Hope you get the result you deserve and can recommence bookings as soon as possible.

Member for

20 years 6 months

So it's an airline with "Jet" in the name ? How dare they do this ?
So are Jet2 going to sue Jet Airways and Jetstar while they are at it ?

It is quite silly, isn't it?
Perhaps easyJet should sue Jet2?!

Member for

18 years 3 months

It appears on their website that they've made a slogan of some sort:
"jetxtra.com is an independent company and is in no way associated with jet2.com"

Member for

18 years 1 month

CAA ATOL?

Hi

Its been a while since I last posted on here but have regularly read the various posts.

Jetxtraman. Well done for the proposed start up of the new carrier and I do wish you every success with the venture. I did however see the following article in the Travel Weekly this week and they gave a slightly different reason for the ATOL licence being withdrawn...

"A partner of travel group CTT, JetXtra plans to operate flights from Humberside airport to Majorca and Malaga for three months from June. Seats went on sale in the second week of January, with the carrier saying all sales would be protected under the CTT Atol.

The airline claimed it halted sales following a threat of legal action by regional carrier Jet2. However, the CAA confirmed it had acted to prevent the sale of unlicensed holidays.

A CAA spokesman said: "CTT sought permission to trade with JetXtra.com. We have not yet approved that and until we do it cannot sell holidays. We would not allow a company to sell seats it does not have a licence for." The spokesman confirmed: "This has nothing to do with Jet2."

CTT holds a licence to carry just 620 passengers in the year to September and only 150 this summer, when JetXtra hopes to carry 9,000 passengers. The CAA previously confirmed to Travel Weekly that JetXtra would only be allowed to offer the number of seats for which CTT is licensed unless it approved an extension."

:confused:

Member for

18 years 6 months

The airline claimed it halted sales following a threat of legal action by regional carrier Jet2. However, the CAA confirmed it had acted to prevent the sale of unlicensed holidays.

A CAA spokesman said: "CTT sought permission to trade with JetXtra.com. We have not yet approved that and until we do it cannot sell holidays. We would not allow a company to sell seats it does not have a licence for." The spokesman confirmed: "This has nothing to do with Jet2."

Thanks for posting this Sunjet, I too am a regular reader of TravelWeekly and had not read this particular article yet.

jetxtraman, can you provide an official update to confirm the situation?

Member for

12 years 2 months

Any more news?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Update...

Sorry to bring this old thread back to life again, but it appears that JetXtra.com is planning to start-up from Humberside (and also Manchester!) again in time for the 2013 summer season...

Its still the same website as before (http://www.jetxtra.com/), however it does not have any of the previous history and/or details about the original "legal" incident with Jet2.com, which we have since learnt was not the real reason why they were initially forced to stop selling seats on their previous start-up attempt earlier this year.

By the looks of things, on this occasion they have managed to find another travel company called Independant Worldchoice Holidays and they are using their ATOL licence in order to be able to sell flights and package holidays (I've checked their ATOL licence number with the CAA, and it does show on their website that they hold a valid licence!), however when you look at this particular company's website, its in a bit of a mess http://www.worldchoicesports.com/.

On JetXtra's website, they claim that this Independant Worldchoice Holidays is "a multi-million pound company", but this really rings alarm bells with me because their website just does not convey a professional image...surely if this company is doing as well as is claimed, they would be able to spend a bit of money on doing up their website?!

Also, on JetXtra's Facebook page, somebody asks the question of who is going to be operating the flights and the reply states that "the Humberside flights will be operated by Orbest and Manchester by Jet2..."...yes, you read it right folks, Jet2!

Now is it me, or does anyone else think that Jet2 will more than likey not be having anything to do with this JetXtra.com outfit, especially considering the issues that surrounded their initial start-up, which led them to issuing the following statement on their own website: http://www.jet2.com/News/The_North%E2%80%99s_Leading_Leisure_Airline,_Incensed_at_JetXtra%E2%80%99s_Lies/

Please don't get me wrong, I am really pleased to see people making an effort and trying to establish businesses as this is what the country needs if we are to get out of this economic mess that we're in, however I can't help but be suspicious. Who knows, maybe it will work out for them, and I hope it does, but the saying of "once bitten, twice shy" certainly comes to the forefront of my mind.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

Member for

15 years 8 months

All the best on the new venture, hope to see them at Prestwick??? anyone know if Volotea will be supplying aircraft for both destinations