BMI British Midland @ RAF Brize Norton?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

My dad mentioned this to me today, anyone know anything at all about it? Apparently, they are doing regional hospital flights for the soldiers being flown back to the UK from the Gulf and taking them to hospitals around the country.

Is this right? Anyone know of any photos?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

There is one pic of a BY 757 that has been stripped down back into just the blue part of the TUI livery. This aircraft went out the other day and came back yesterday with some of the injured.

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?96700

Member for

24 years 2 months

a MON B752 flew into LPL the other day ith some injured troops and an Iraqi baby. I suppose that now bmi have the 2 F100s that were operated by bmi baby they might have an excess capacity (a/c came bak at the weekend) so may well be operating a few sectors - definatly not the E145s tho - theres an example at Leeds which they have leased for Portugalia to cover the tech probs on our based Squadron of 4 a/c (5 incl the CS- surplus!)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for your help!

Interesting stuff. Where abouts in the Gulf are the aircraft flying to?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think that they may be flying out to Qatar, to a place near central command, BUT... don't quote me on this. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

A Monarch 757 minus logos and titles flew into Edinburgh today on a troop carrying medical flight.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes I saw that on the news this after noon. Good to see that our airlines are able to lend a helping hand. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's just business.

Member for

24 years 2 months

As far as i know all commercial flights have to route via Cyrus - is this true does anybody know?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I thought that was just BA?

Member for

21 years

As far as I am aware it's just BA flights routing via Cyprus.
I saw the 757 at LPL on Monday. It landed against the flow of traffic, and taxiied to an apron to the edge (West I think, but it was my first visit there) of the airport, and was being unloaded with a very large amount of security surrounding it.
Not quite sure of the reasons for the stripped titles though?

Member for

24 years 2 months

As far as I know the military are taking the troops out of Iraq and transferring them to the commercial charters in Cyprus.