Flight departure/arrival times

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Can anyone tell me if timetabled departure and arrival times refer to actual takeoff/landing times or pushback/pull in times ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

departure time is scheduled push back and arrival time is eta at gate, generally.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ta Bhoy,

You'll no doubt be impressed to hear I'm down to film the Boavista game at Parkhead, should be a good night:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Rangers?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Celtic !

Member for

24 years 3 months

Damn it !!!!! I have a new enemy !!!

Sorry Ren , no offence

:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Don't have a go at me I'm a diehard St Mirren fan, I'm only working at the Celtic game:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

A plane could pushback at the gate on-time, and sit on the runway for 6 hours, yet that is considered an "on-time" departure, go figure. Northwest used to be guilty of this, back in the day.

Member for

24 years 3 months

That's why airlines pad out schedules.

A newspaper report last year pointed out that BA now takes a lot longer to fly London to Paris than in the 1970's, even though the actual flying time is the same if not even a little shorter.

Member for

24 years 3 months

It's easier to do it for long-haul flights than for the shorter ones. United's LAX-SYD flight, for instance, is scheduled for 15 hours. I've taken that flight about 9 times and it's never lasted more than 14. The scheduled departure time is usually circa 11 p.m. pacific standard. It usually departs around midnight and gets into SYD on time.