Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcfly
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2000

Changes

I havent done any spotting since August 2005 (LCY), so Im obviously out of date with a lot of whats been going on in civil aviation (yea I know about the A380).

Last year was the last time I went to an airport (LHR) with a mate, I didnt grab any registrations but took a few pics.

I couldnt believe how its changed in just 5 years since I went there (passenger)
    and whats with the football stadium type stand by the old visitors centre?

I see there are a few members here that live in Hampshire, where I live, is it worth driving over to SOU at all?

Dave
    I'm not young enough to know everything!!!
  • EGTC
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2009

Is that stand you speak of the spotters thing they set up? I've never been to that bit myself.

You should upload your pics and show them off here. Would be nice to see what you got.
    Y.N.W.A

Comment

• Indiaecho
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jul 2011

Hi,

I'm with EGTC on this - I have never used the 'spotters thing' at Heathrow either. There are much better places to go - just google 'Myrtle Avenue' for one of the best, from where you can get photos like this:-

JA787A by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Regarding Southampton, it is getting on for 18 months since I was last there, so things may have changed. You can get good views though from the top of the car park by the terminal:-

G-JEDT by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There are signs all over the car park saying you are not allowed to watch the aircraft, but I have never had any problems.

And be careful when you go - it can be very quiet at times, and with only the occasional Blue Islands and Aurigny to break up the endless Flybes, if you are there at the wrong time it doesn't take long for boredom to set in.

Neil

Comment

• dcfly
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Indiaecho View Post
        Hi,

I'm with EGTC on this - I have never used the 'spotters thing' at Heathrow either. There are much better places to go - just google 'Myrtle Avenue' for one of the best,
        Neil
        I've been to Myrtle Avenue a few times and have some good pics from that location. I used to go to LHR quite a bit so I do know of other places rather than the "football stadium" at visitors centre. Thanks for the info on SOU Neil.
        I'm not young enough to know everything!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X