Where is the AF 447 accident thread?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 1 month

That thread is too important to be deleted. Please bring it back.

Anyway, (part of) the cockpit conversation has been released:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/damn-it-it-cant-be-true-crash-pilot-20111014-1lpo6.html

''So is he coming?'' Mr Robert asked after Mr Dubois left the cockpit for a break.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''Hey what are you …'' Mr Dubois said when he returned.
Mr Robert: ''What's happening? I don't know, I don't know what's happening.''
Mr Bonin: ''I've got a problem. I don't have vertical speed. I don't have any indication.''
Mr Dubois: ''I don't know, but right now we're descending.''
Mr Robert: ''What do you think? What do you think? What should we do?''
Mr Bonin: ''I don't have control of the plane. I don't have control of the plane at all.''
In the final exchange, Mr Dubois says: ''Ten degrees pitch.''
Mr Robert: ''Go back up! … Go back up! … Go back up! … Go back up!''
Mr Bonin: ''But I've been going down at maximum level for a while.''
Mr Dubois: ''No, no, no! … Don't go up! … No, no!''
Mr Bonin: ''Go down, then!''
Mr Robert: ''Damn it! We're going to crash. It can't be true!''
Mr Bonin: ''But what's happening?''
The audio ended.
Original post

Member for

16 years

I quite agree. It is too important not to be here. I hadn't noticed it missing.

Member for

19 years 11 months

The conspiracy strikes again..... :rolleyes:

The thread is here. Read my post #177.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Thanks for the link. But the thread is still missing from the "Commercial Aviation" forum. What's going on?

Member for

20 years 7 months

It hasn't disappeared, it is alive and well on page 4 of this forum.

Member for

14 years 1 month

It hasn't disappeared, it is alive and well on page 4 of this forum.

Well then there must be a bug in the forum software because it tells me there are only two pages of threads in Commercial Aviation.

Could a sysadmin take a look at it?

Attachments

You are right, only the first two pages are available by that method. Use my link above, post something in the thread and it will come back to the first page.

Member for

15 years 5 months

benhongh,

Right now it looks okay to me, all the pages seem to be there. If you are still only seeing 2 pages for that thread, go to the first page and you will see this URL:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=107986

The second page URL is:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=107986&page=2

So if you just paste "&page=2" on to the URL and hit "RETURN" you'll be at page 2 of the thread. From then on you can just change the last number in the URL from 2 to 3, to 4, etc.,and then hit "RETURN" to get to the next page in the thread. If you have another computer at your location, see if the problem is still there on that machine. At least the thread is still there and can be accessed, but I hope everybody else can see the whole thread.

Thanks for posting this latest update. I had been following this story very closely but after studying the CVR/FDR data for a couple of weeks I had given up until more info like your post is made public. The transcript sure seems to reinforce what many of us had feared but just didn't want to believe, that this crew with a great deal of experience between them were completely disoriented and didn't seem to follow Airbus or Air France's established procedures for loss of reliable air data.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Thanks DC. I've re-posted the material to the main thread and now it is on page 1 of the forum.

I still see only two pages in the Commercial Aviation forum though. Jumping to pages using URL hack, albeit operable, is probably not a good long-term solution. I hope the forum admin fix this issue soon.

Member for

20 years 7 months

There isn't a bug on the forum. Every professional forum is exactly the same, you can view every page ever created on the commercial aviation forum by going to the bottom left of the forum where it says "Display Options". Click the "From The" box and select "Beginning" from the options, the click "Show Threads".

This topic is being discussed on the other thread now so this one is closed